Login or register  
TV
101 Dalmatians: The Series => Forum Index => General Discussion
thechronicles

Level 15 (7%)
Mood: electric
Since: 02/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 3:04 pm
Seeing as 102 Dalmatians is one of my favorite movies ever, this series is also a favorite of mine.

I used to watch it a lot, but now I can't really seem to find it on anymore.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 3:12 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 3:04 pm, thechronicles wrote:
Seeing as 102 Dalmatians is one of my favorite movies ever, this series is also a favorite of mine.

I used to watch it a lot, but now I can't really seem to find it on anymore.
That's because it no longer airs on Toon Disney, not even at its 3 am timeslot in which no children could view it in the first place. Regardless, I'd stay up that late -- or wake up that early -- on school nights to record the series, as I had an feeling it was going to be removed from the network. I have around six or seven episodes recorded, which I plan to watch if I can ever find them.
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Mood: Dedicated
Since: 29/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 3:27 pm
I know of a site where one can download a majority of the episodes, though they’re each 160 MB; I’m also not certain if the staff would permit people to openly discuss such things, so I was hesitant to make this reply. However, since so many people here have talked about being unable to watch the episodes since they’re no longer airing, if you’re interested in checking the site out, just send me a PM and I’ll reply with the link.
thechronicles

Level 15 (7%)
Mood: electric
Since: 02/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 3:49 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 3:27 pm, The_Huntsman wrote:
I know of a site where one can download a majority of the episodes, though they’re each 160 MB; I’m also not certain if the staff would permit people to openly discuss such things, so I was hesitant to make this reply. However, since so many people here have talked about being unable to watch the episodes since they’re no longer airing, if you’re interested in checking the site out, just send me a PM and I’ll reply with the link.

I would really appreciate that link if you wouldn't mind sending it to me.

I won't be able to check it out though for a few days because I'm leaving tomorrow and not coming home until late Wednesday/Early Thursday.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 4:25 pm
I've already started downloading a few memorable episodes of the series. Thanks for the links, Huntsman.
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 7:24 pm
Which episodes are you trying to get first?
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 8:13 pm
I'd never seen the Christmas episode, so I've downloaded the episode and viewed it.
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 8:18 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 8:13 pm, Systemax wrote:
I'd never seen the Christmas episode, so I've downloaded the episode and viewed it.

What, you mean you already got it and seen it, or you plan on watching it once you get it? I thought you had a 26k connection like I used to, so I was curious as to how you were going to download such large files, though maybe you’re still at that one place with that fast connection, as you said you once were.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 9:28 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 8:18 pm, The_Huntsman wrote:
What, you mean you already got it and seen it, or you plan on watching it once you get it? I thought you had a 26k connection like I used to, so I was curious as to how you were going to download such large files, though maybe you’re still at that one place with that fast connection, as you said you once were.
I do, though I only have that modem back in my house in St. Louis, MO; I'm currently on vacation in California with my grandparents, whom I believe to be very wealthy. Anyway, they have Comcast High-Speed internet, which is advertised as faster than a DSL connection speed. I was able to download the file within minutes, and I've already viewed it more than once.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 9:36 pm
I'm now watching "Home is Where the Bark is".
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 10:06 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 9:36 pm, Systemax wrote:
I do, though I only have that modem back in my house in St. Louis, MO; I'm currently on vacation in California with my grandparents, whom I believe to be very wealthy. Anyway, they have Comcast High-Speed internet, which is advertised as faster than a DSL connection speed. I was able to download the file within minutes, and I've already viewed it more than once.

I can download the episodes quite fast as well, though my satellite connection has a limit so I have to download the files in small sessions. It's unfortunate, though at least I can get one episode every two days if I time it right. I've downloaded five episodes at the moment and I'm working on the sixth; I find them to be great use when it comes up updating the guide.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 10:11 pm
So you've basically been downloading an episode, then updating that episode's guide until you can download another?

Anyway, I've watched the entire episode, and it was really good. I'd never seen the episode when it aired, though I'm glad I did. It reminded me of Goof Troop's first episode, as it actually seemed like a Pilot Episode, since it showed the Dalmatians moving to the farm, instead of the pilot merely being a first episode of the series, without notice of it being that.
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 10:15 pm
On Sunday, June 25th 2006 10:11 pm, Systemax wrote:
So you've basically been downloading an episode, then updating that episode's guide until you can download another?

Anyway, I've watched the entire episode, and it was really good. I'd never seen the episode when it aired, though I'm glad I did. It reminded me of Goof Troop's first episode, as it actually seemed like a Pilot Episode, since it showed the Dalmatians moving to the farm, instead of the pilot merely being a first episode of the series, without notice of it being that.

I was in the process of editing my post when you replied, but yes, I do download the episodes and then update the guide. I just worry that my brand of recap isn’t as informative as the types of recaps some Editors contribute. I’ve seen recaps for programs that are over 6,000 words because they document every little thing that takes place in the episode, though my recaps omit certain minute details in favor of the more notable occurrences in the plot. I suppose they’re better than nothing, though I just don’t have it in me to write full-detail recaps in a grandiose fashion.

Since you’ve seen the first episode, I’d recommend you download all three parts of the series finale. The series was unique because it began and ended in a proper fashion; I really enjoyed the three-part series finale and I believe they were some of the better episodes in the series, even though the Dalmatians had a relatively small role in the first part of it.
Systemax

Level 24 (92%)
Message Posted On Sunday, June 25th 2006 at 10:40 pm
I've already recorded those episodes on VHS, so I don't plan to download those, but rather search for them in my basement, where they could be anywhere. I really enjoyed the three part series finale. I remember Toon Disney airing the last episode of the three-parter as the last episode they aired before replacing it.

As for the recaps, the size doesn't matter. I usually make fairly small recaps, though on Pryde of the X-Men, there was only one episode, so I made it count by making it one of the longest on the site. Though I've made fairly short reviews in comparison to some on other guides, such as this one on my Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! guide, or this one on my Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends guide.
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Message Posted On Saturday, July 15th 2006 at 3:48 am
I just wish they would release the series on DVD, though I suppose I shouldn’t expect such to occur. However, the download site is missing quite a few episodes, including the banned episode that hasn’t aired after September 11th, 2001, as it was on the subject of Spot believing she was dying. Toon Disney stopped airing the series on January 30th, 2006, though I didn’t start re-watching the series on that network until 2005, so I missed my opportunity to see that banned episode completely. Perhaps if the series is ever released on DVD, the episode will be included, though I can’t say for certain if such will ever take place.

Anyway, I’m enjoying contributing to this guide since it gives me more of a reason to download and re-watch all of the episodes. Writing recaps is just time consuming, though I’m honestly starting to contemplate moving this series to my favorite program of all time. Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is still a fantastic show that I deeply love, though watching these episodes all over again is making me remember something I think I forgot quite some time ago.

Regardless, I’m going to keep working on the guide to make sure fans of the series have a good site to get information off of.
1 | 2 | 3

Comedy Network Announces Seth Rogen Special and Just For Laughs 2015 Line-Up

It’s another year and another round of rollicking good times..

Big Brother UK: Latest Nominations Twist Revealed

The Power Alliance of Ashleigh, Chris and Mark have been outed to the Big Brother..

'David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies' Announced

'David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies 3D' (3x60), the latest..