Login or register  
TV
30 Days => Forum Index => 30 Days Yay or Nay?
marvelfan89

Level 6 (23%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 25th 2008 at 1:25 am
I watched a couple of episode last season. This is like what I like to call the "No Duh" they put people in certain situations (all of them very predictable) and then expect the person whose undergoing the change in their life for thirty days to see what the other side experiences.

However, it's very entertaining and I haven't found an episode where I disagree where they stand. I liked the episode about Immigratiojn, and the episode about Peta, and today's episode about straight single mother who went to live with two gay dads (a lot of fireworks here and I couldn't stop laughing because of the outdated, discriminating things the mom, Kate or Kati said).

Anybody else see it? Like it, dislike it?
guytwo

Level 14 (76%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 25th 2008 at 8:33 pm
I tried to watch but had a technical problem with the sound on that channel. I do like this show even though I seldom catch it. It's better than "Wife Swap" or other similar shows.
tvphile

Level 1 (46%)
Since: 15/Feb/07
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 1st 2008 at 11:06 pm
I don't think they expect people to change their core beliefs in 30 days. I don't think that's the point of the show, at all. I think it's about challenging those beliefs by actually living with people of opposite beliefs, rather than just talking about it from across a table, for example. Or across the Internet.

Since it's a TV show, I don't know how much is "real" and how much is staged, but the concept is a very interesting social experiment. It presents interesting questions and no easy answers.
guytwo

Level 14 (76%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 2nd 2008 at 6:49 am
Although similar to "Wife Swap" "30 Days" is a more serious show and of course gives people more time to feel the other side of an issue. Still had sound problems last night. FX wake-up !!! Please.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (23%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Monday, July 7th 2008 at 4:13 am
In some episode there are easy answers like in Gun Nation a touch topic about Gun control but really I figured the answer even though one of the other people. This might an area where some might there is no easy answer but they are entitled to it.

Part of the show is about change at least in opening their minds, the one with Same Sex Parenting the one was completely oblivious to any argument or persuasion and hanged on her "beliefs" which really weren't that strong as an excuse. This is why I found so entertaining....where one has no real argument to counter the argument and we how they react once they find they have no real argument. Other easy answer like the middle income waged episode were easy to figure.....watch your expenses and increase the wages. In other episodes it's not. However, other episodes like Immigration I would agree showed both sides and yet still nothing was resolved but at least the person had his mind opened to what the other side was going through whereas would still blindly accept whatever beliefs they've been brought up or trained to believe.

"Wife Swap" is great don't watch it as much as I used to. Interesting enough they also had an episode about same sex parenting with plenty of fireworks too. Instead of gay dad it was two gay women.

I

Made in Chelsea Comes To America

Some of the cast from the popular British show Made in Chelsea will take on the New York..

Big Brother UK - Huge Armageddon Twist Revealed

Big Brother's Armageddon twist has been revealed, with new housemates due to enter..

X Factor - It's A No From Sharon!

Former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne believes that any budding songwriters should not..