TV
Battlestar Galactica => Forum Index => "Crossroads (2)" episode discussion
Morning_Star
(Editor)

Level 43 (6%)
Mood: Like I have a brand new god
Since: 20/Oct/06
Message Posted On Sunday, March 25th 2007 at 8:33 pm
Several surprises in this episodes. I'm not sure which of them anyone is going to react to, but there's one that got me very hyped. Now, please excuse me as I provide my intricate thoughts on it...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Starbuck is back! Kara Thrace is back! Kara "Starbuck" Thrace is back! I knew it! I knew it! Oh f*** it, even if I didn't know it, it's still good to have her back. And she is back! In some way or another she is back! Kara is back!

Okay. Now I'll move on.

Well, the climax of this episode was trippy, to say the least. I'm still not certain that Tigh, Tory, Anders, and Tyrol are Cylons. I hope no one blindingly accepts that because what evidence do we have outside of their own conclusion. They hear Bob Dylan music and assume their Cylons? Have they done anything before or afterwards that made us think differently? No. I believe they have a higher calling that has something to do with Earth. They hear "All Along the Watchtower" and then Starbuck shows up (!!!) saying she's been to Earth. Coincidence? No. Cylons? No. Other guesses that I have no strong evidence to either support or refute? Well... yeah, that last one because of the way I said it. So, until next season says otherwise or if backed up by an official statement (not the actors who can be out of the loop), then I'm keeping my eye out for all of the Final Five in the future.

And Baltar got off and is then taken away by the unstable ones. With a majority of the fleet gunning for him, I say he needs to make friends wherever he can take it. Oh, and did anyone see a resemblance to a certain Jesus? The beard and hair was one thing, then there was the belief in divine powers. The robes over his head like that was a capper of the image. Where they take Baltar next season should be interesting.
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Since: 01/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, March 25th 2007 at 8:57 pm
Holy Frak!!! This is the sickest cliffhanger I've ever seen. Starbuck's smile at the end summed up the entire episode. I knew they filmed something with Kadee for the finale before she departed.

As for Tigh, Tory, Anders, and Tyrol, we don't really know what their objective is. But with Roslin and Adama's right hand both being Cylons, this is gonna be a interesting season 4.

And Bob Dylan is the final 5.

And may I please suggest that you keep Kadee Sackoff's name off the guest-star list for Crossroad Part II.
Zarius

Level 23 (42%)
Since: 08/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, March 25th 2007 at 8:58 pm
Nice to see Galactica has become one of few shows to completely swerve an audience and make them second guess, then pull out stuff like this. Incredible.

I also agree with the "We're Cylons" attitude of Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory, all of them WANT to believe it so much due to the events in their lives, and it's not the first time ANY character has doubted their human origins. There not the Final Five, and I doubt Kara is a Cylon even more.
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Message Posted On Sunday, March 25th 2007 at 9:00 pm
Baltar had gone through one heck of a transformation, from a doctor, to vice-president, to president, to prisoner, to God knows what next season.
Morning_Star
(Editor)

Level 43 (6%)
Message Posted On Sunday, March 25th 2007 at 10:03 pm
On Sunday, March 25th 2007 8:57 pm, avstars wrote:
Starbuck's smile at the end summed up the entire episode. I knew they filmed something with Kadee for the finale before she departed.

And oh, yes, this reminds me that I was fairly dead-on in an earlier post in my hope that the season would end on an image of Kara. But that they then capped it by showing an image of Mama Earth threw even my own prediction for a loop. I love this show! Shame we have to wait nine months now.

On Sunday, March 25th 2007 8:57 pm, avstars wrote:
And may I please suggest that you keep Kadee Sackoff's name off the guest-star list for Crossroad Part II.

All right... for now. I'll probably wait about a week or so when everything can get out there and decrease the odds of being responsible for spoiling those lagging behind. I'm mainly complying because I have no idea how she should be credited. Is she a guest star or is her named restored to star status, but held to the end to keep the surprise? Until then, I'll just make a spoiler-hidden note.
cto1011

Level 1 (47%)
Since: 23/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, March 27th 2007 at 11:46 pm
I would assume that if Tigh, Tory, Anders, and Tyrol are Cylons, then I would also assume that Starbuck is the 5th. That could explain how she's still alive. Now, for all we know, the 5 other Cylons might have completely different objectives than the other Cylons. Now the question is, do the other Cylons know how to recognize the other 5? If the do, then they definitely know that Kara/Starbuck is a Cylon from when she was in the hospital and they were doing experiments on her. If they don't, and the most the Cylons know about the other 5 is from myth and stories, then it might show that the other 5 are actually there to help the humans. That perhaps they broke off and went to help them. Either way, it's going to be an interesting next season. Lets just all hope that the show doesn't get canceled before we have all of the answers. Thank the Gods we get another season at least.
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Message Posted On Wednesday, March 28th 2007 at 10:00 am
Tigh
Tory
(Sam) T. Anders.
Tyrol,
Trace???

frak, what's up with these T's? But my gut says that Starbuck isn't a Cylon. We don't really know what their objective is. Anders, Tigh, and Tyrol were all resistance fighters for the Colonials back on New Caprica and Tory try to cheat the electon for Roslin. This would make a lot of good stories for season 4.
simaitk

Level 1 (41%)
Since: 12/Oct/06
Message Posted On Thursday, March 29th 2007 at 7:06 am
All i have to say is BEST FINALE EVER SEEN ON TV (Aside from 24 another fav of mine)
Brothers

Level 2 (66%)
Since: 29/Mar/07
Message Posted On Thursday, March 29th 2007 at 1:59 pm
i need the song from the ending of this episode..

anybody know wher i can find it and what is its name?
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, March 29th 2007 at 3:33 pm
On Thursday, March 29th 2007 1:59 pm, Brothers wrote:
i need the song from the ending of this episode..

anybody know wher i can find it and what is its name?

Try the guide... its there. All Along the Watchtower as performed by Bt4.

And I will state this only once for the record. I was right. But it's all moot anyway. Next season this will all have been a dream.
Morning_Star
(Editor)

Level 43 (6%)
Message Posted On Saturday, June 2nd 2007 at 2:54 am
Wow. I can't believe that it's been over a month since the finale. Well, in case no one has heard, Moore confirmed that the four are Cylons. This makes my guess above a load, but my ego balances this out by the fact that my initial guess from the first "Crossroads" episode was right (except for Tyrol, but they didn't really bring point him out), so as Stephen Colbert would say: I called it! I also realised that the suspicion I made from "Maelstrom" that the show would end on Kara was dead-on as well. Okay, it was followed by an image of Earth, but I figure, close enough.

I have my suspicion on who the last Cylon is, but I'll leave that for the appropriate thread. I would, however, like to point out my theory on Kara's return. The two school of thoughts seem to fall either on Cylon or spectre akin to Baltar's inner Number Six. From a creative stand-point, I don't think Kara is the last Cylon. Too easy (though I'm positive it's a major character). But I also don't think she's another inner manifestation solely in Lee's head. I conclude this from what she says to Lee. She tells him that it's really her (and it seems she's very specific about this). The visions of Number Six, Baltar, and Leoben, for all their directions, never claim to be their flesh-and-blood counterparts. Additionally, she tells him that she's going to lead "us" to Earth. If you're not in the world of the living and breathing, why include yourself in the tally? I'm definitely leaning towards something spiritual. Now, how this accounts for her resurrection and even arriving in a spanking new Viper... well, I can't think into that much detail, but it's the theory I''m dropping my money on. If nothing else, I've been on a roll, so I have that much going for me.
Jay1728

Level 1 (53%)
Mood: f***ed up ^L^
Since: 21/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, November 14th 2007 at 10:46 am
'There must be some way out of here'
said the Joker to the Thief.