Login or register  
TV
Breaking Bad => Forum Index => 03x12 | Half Measures (Jun 06, 2010)
guytwo

Level 15 (3%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, June 6th 2010 at 8:26 pm
Episode discussion for: 03x12 | Half Measures (Jun 06, 2010)

Walt to Jessie, "Murder isn't in your 12 step program." LOL LOL And Hank has to go home. snicker.

However....DAMN !! and I do mean DAMN !!! Did you see that ending coming ????
I guess Mike convinced Walt not to do half measures. But what will Gus do?

Can I take a breath now? GAAAWD what wonderful show.

junkdrawer

Level 16 (69%)
Mood: Chock-full of snarky goodness
Since: 22/Mar/08
Message Posted On Monday, June 7th 2010 at 1:21 pm
Just when we want to write off Jesse as a foolhardy idiot, he does something truly brave... standing up to Gus was inspired.

But, wow, the consequences (even though Walt mentions the word in the car) were unexpected. The murder of Tomas is a case where this show zigs instead of zags...

I was *slightly* less surprised by Walt's actions -- his insistence that neither one of them were murderers felt a little bit like Walt was trying to convince himself of a lie...

What could Walt possibly pitch to Gus at this point? Maybe, that he (Walt) will place more reliable people on that corner? Ones that won't make headlines by killing little kids?

If that happens, Walt will become further involved in the drug trade. In a twisted way (and, is there any other way on this show?), getting Walter involved in management may be what Gus ultimately wants... For all we know, Gus could have set it all in motion by giving the order to have the kid killed, knowing it would push Jesse over the edge and Walt would come to his aid... Manipulating the situation the same way he did with The Cousins...

whew! the mind continues to boggle!
guytwo

Level 15 (3%)
Message Posted On Monday, June 7th 2010 at 3:07 pm
Man you ALWAYS give the best analysis. I wish I had your brains and Bill Gates money.

One thing for sure is that Walt is in denial about who he really is, your right about Walt "trying to convince himself of a lie." Walter is a criminal, and an evil one. Jessie is just foolhardy.

Will there be a showdown between Walt and Gus? I think so and Walt will win because Gus underestimates Walt's criminality. Gus thinks Walt is a chemical geek. I think.

I also wonder if Gus had Thomas killed, I think so...for now. SO HARD TO PIN THIS SHOW DOWN ISN'T IT?
tracy021

Level 1 (2%)
Mood: cheerful
Since: 07/Jun/10
Message Posted On Monday, June 7th 2010 at 8:40 pm
It's one of the best shows on tv at the moment, so glad they have it on demand so I can watch it whenever I want. I didnt recognize Bryan Cranston, dude really is an actor!
tracy021

Level 1 (2%)
Mood: cheerful
Since: 07/Jun/10
Message Posted On Monday, June 7th 2010 at 8:43 pm
Im worried Jesse is going to be very expendable by the end of the season, and with them wanting more money, it would also serve as a warning. Jesse does not fully understand just what kind of man he is dealing with yet. One that will have you killed if your an a**hole, lol.
guytwo

Level 15 (3%)
Message Posted On Monday, June 7th 2010 at 9:08 pm
Welcome to the group tracy021. And BB is a great show!

I agree, Jessie has no idea what kind of trouble he can get into. I also think he may not care if he did know because he can be so irrational and impulsive.
guytwo

Level 15 (3%)
Message Posted On Thursday, June 10th 2010 at 7:14 am
Here's an article about Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Vince Gilligan on the Breaking Bad Season 3 Finale coming this Sunday.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NENkPURTILyUSS
junkdrawer

Level 16 (69%)
Mood: Chock-full of snarky goodness
Since: 22/Mar/08
Message Posted On Friday, June 11th 2010 at 2:18 pm
excellent article, guy! a really thorough interview, funny musings, articulate insight, and no spoilers... fantasitic, thank you!

I can't wait for the finale... at the same time, I'm afraid to look!
pei

Level 1 (3%)
Since: 14/May/10
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 15th 2012 at 10:48 pm
Yes, I never saw that ending coming. I thought something was going to happen to Jesse