Login or register  
TV
Brothers & Sisters => Forum Index => 04x11 | A Bone to Pick (Jan 03, 2010)
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (15%)
Since: 19/Feb/06
Message Posted On Monday, January 4th 2010 at 8:11 pm
Episode discussion for: 04x11 | A Bone to Pick (Jan 03, 2010)

I really dislike Robert, and Kitty's relationship with Robert, and the writers' delusion that cancer makes marriages ALL BETTER, so this episode was never going to work for me, but boy, did they work their hardest to make me dislike all three even more. They seemed to quickly wrap up several Robert- and cancer-related plot points, though, so maybe we're on to better things.
Tiyeti

Level 2 (93%)
Since: 14/Dec/08
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 6th 2010 at 10:16 am
I totally disagree with you. Belive me when you're really sick it's when you discover if your husband/wife really loves you. And yes it's possible with a transplant to be in remission quickly.

So for me it was one of the best episode.
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (15%)
Since: 19/Feb/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 6th 2010 at 8:24 pm
But cancer doesn't immediately and permanently solve your relationship problems. And Kitty and Robert had major ones. Granted, they were related to Robert's focus on work versus home and Kitty's health crisis would lead to Robert having more of a focus on home, therefore making it seem like he had changed, but realistically, it would be more of the same after she went into remission.

And if I thought that the writers were thinking along those lines, or if we had seen Robert realize he did have a problem and resolve to change instead of him making a speech about it, I'd be okay with it. But Robert just made the speech and big change of dropping his campaign without going through the work (or us seeing the work), so it's seems more like a quick fix for the writers to get out of the corner they'd written themselves into with the relationship issues.

(Not sure if your transplant-remission-quickly comment was about my last sentence, but I meant that the writers seemed to have wrapped up the relationship problems, running for governor, and cancer storylines in one episode at the same time, not that the remission was unrealistic.)

An interesting real-life note to the cancer-marriage link was this recently published study showing that women with cancer have divorce rates twice as high as the general population and six times as high as men with cancer.

Rich Hall Chasing the Californian Dream

BBC Four has announced a new Rich Hall documentary 'Rich Hall's California Stars' will air..

Nicole Scherzinger On Life After 'X Factor'

Nicole Scherzinger spoke to ITV’s 'Lorraine' this morning about overcoming her..

Casting Call - Cast Updates For Your Favorite Shows

A number of casting announcements have been made in the last few days, regarding..