Episode discussion for: 01x01 | Angel with a Broken Wing (Sep 22, 2011)
All psyched about the series, bunch of gal crime fighters, how could they go wrong. But ended up being severely disappointed.
All thru the ep I was filled with an overwelming feeling of "I just don't buy this". Shoulda made a list whilst watching but from memory:
- didn't buy their experteezeness
- the tightness of their bond
- their "I'm really... REALLY... upset about her being blown up" expressions of grief
- the disembodied Charlie - sounding like Stephen Hawkins v2
- young Bozley, in fact they all seemed just too darn young.
Remembering back to the 'recent' movie, how they were able to use a short short scene to show the audience how great they were at being crime fighters, made you think, yes, I can go with that. This pilot didn't do that for me and if you don't believe in the characters it's kinda hard to enjoy the rest of the product.