Login or register  
TV
Chuck => Forum Index => 2x01 - Chuck vs. the First Date
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 30th 2008 at 7:00 pm
Chuck retrieves the Cipher—the final piece needed for the new Intersect—from a formidable operative named Colt. With the new Intersect almost up and running, Chuck asks Sarah on a real date and begins to think about moving forward with his life and away from the Buy More. Meanwhile, Casey receives an assignment that will not be easy to fulfill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I liked it. Nice combination of real danger and "cute." I KNEW Casey secretly kind of liked Chuck.

My two favorite moments:
1. Chuck seeing Captain Awesome's junk in the shower, then seeing the cereal box that said "Nuts 'n' More"

2. Watching Casey's rotating photos for target practice. Loved him shooting Hitler and the terrorists, and winking at Reagan
guytwo

Level 15 (3%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 30th 2008 at 8:06 pm
My favorite moments also. But overall I'm already tired of this show for some reason, to predictable maybe.
holophonor
(Forum Moderator)

Level 43 (58%)
Mood: dizzy
Since: 30/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 30th 2008 at 10:06 pm
Don't be tired of it, guy.

Those were great moments, Cindy. I thought it was a great episode overall and an early indication that Chuck might be able to avoid the dreaded sophomore slump. I'm kind of sad that the Wienerlicious has been replaced, but frozen yogurt is yummy. I love Josh Gomez' new haircut. Great music this episode -- I almost died when I heard Flight of the Conchords. It's also nice to see that the recurring characters are part of the main cast now.

Jeff and Lester in the face-off for assistant manager was hilarious -- Morgan: "One of them will be the new assistant manager, and one of them will be Jeff! The fates will decide!"
ncisluvtwins

Level 1 (43%)
Mood: blah
Since: 25/Apr/08
Message Posted On Friday, October 3rd 2008 at 4:50 pm
I thought the episode was good, too. The whole assistant manager stuff was kind of boring.

My favorite part was when Chuck was trpped at the the warehouse at the end. and then when he called Morgan and he listed off the combat troups (very very funny).
holophonor
(Forum Moderator)

Level 43 (58%)
Mood: dizzy
Since: 30/Nov/05
Message Posted On Friday, October 3rd 2008 at 6:33 pm
I loved that, too. Morgan unknowingly saved the day! I especially loved it when he followed it up with how they killed one of the sentries. "Don't worry, it was a head shot. He couldn't warn his buddies. It was awesome, man. You should have seen it. His head exploded like a watermelon!"