Login or register  
TV
Dexter => Forum Index => 07x10 | The Dark... Whatever (Dec 02, 2012)
guytwo

Level 14 (96%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, December 2nd 2012 at 9:15 pm
Episode discussion for: 07x10 | The Dark... Whatever (Dec 02, 2012)

I have a question, who will die? Deb or Hannah?
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (43%)
Mood: relaxed
Since: 08/Jun/10
Message Posted On Monday, December 3rd 2012 at 1:53 pm
Well, up until now all the special guest stars only lived to see one season (with Lumen being the only exception that left the show alive), so I'm kind of assuming Hannah will be whacked off by the end of this season, for old traditions' sake.

Although they have killed off a main character before (R.I.P. Rita ) I guess it is possible, -though less likely- (since her role in the final season could be so great) that Deb won't survive the accident. I think many fans (including myself) would be angry if she didn't make it there.
guytwo

Level 14 (96%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 3rd 2012 at 3:11 pm
I keep wondering if Lumen will return since she's the first person to know Dexters real-self and still be alive.

And good point about the accident, gives me something to think about.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (43%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, December 4th 2012 at 3:27 pm
I think there is a (slight) chance we might see Lumen again in the final season next year, but they might as well not go down that road. Depends on where the final season will be going.

I currently have two theories on the final seasone, one is that he goes for the "full family man" exit, focussing on Harisson and maybe even getting Astor and Cody back (and perhaps someone like Lumen might come in play there to try and talk some "sense" into him ). Another theory I have is that he might also become a victim of his own trait .. like a Trinity killer 2.0, who actually outsmarts him .. who's to say!
guytwo

Level 14 (96%)
Message Posted On Wednesday, December 5th 2012 at 4:12 pm
Slight chance is probably right, since we haven't seen Lumen return by now it probably will not happen.

I can see Dexter going "full family man" but I don't see it lasting for some reason. Maybe I just don't trust Hannah to be a part of the family. Soooo, if not her, then who? Deb maybe? Or Lumen after all?

I have doubts that both Deb and Hannah will survive.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (43%)
Message Posted On Thursday, December 6th 2012 at 5:12 am
I still think that Hannah won't make it to the next season. And I also came up with another crazy theory
What if Deb survives and gets revenge (on Hannah) and does a kill herself, just to "save" Dexter... (and maybe this time Dex even catches her in the act). Now that would make another crazy season finale
guytwo

Level 14 (96%)
Message Posted On Thursday, December 6th 2012 at 6:45 am
That could happen! And I love it!!!! No doubt in my mind one or the other has to die.

Remember when Deb killed a bad guy and she said he deserved it? Was that last season, I'm not sure. Maybe we were being set up for Deb to join Dex.

My fantasy, Lumen, Hannah and Deb in a nude cat-fight over Dexter.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (43%)
Message Posted On Thursday, December 6th 2012 at 4:24 pm
I think you're referring to Deb saying she felt happy after Dex admitted to kill Ray Speltzer (the cemetery guy with his mazes) at the beginning of this season.
So yeah, that might be a set-up to her joining Dex, it would make a fun last season to see them work together
guytwo

Level 14 (96%)
Message Posted On Friday, December 7th 2012 at 6:47 am
I guess that's the guy, thanks for the reminder.

A lot of interesting speculation for this season which almost makes up for the crappy last years season.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (43%)
Message Posted On Friday, December 7th 2012 at 3:38 pm
Yeah, it does.

And come to think of it, of course there was also that chase of Deb in season 5 where she went after Dex and Lumen or the "Vigilantes" as they were called back then. So on some level she does approve of Dex's methods