Login or register  
TV
Dexter => Forum Index => 07x11 | Do You See What I See? (Dec 09, 2012)
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (46%)
Mood: relaxed
Since: 08/Jun/10
Message Posted On Friday, December 7th 2012 at 3:51 pm
Episode discussion for: 07x11 | Do You See What I See? (Dec 09, 2012)

The web is really closing in on Dex with LaGuerta and Matthews coming down on him. And I also wonder where the whole Deb/Hannah situation will be going. Answers coming soon, I hope
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 6:36 am
Yeah, what a box Dexter is in, and it's getting tighter and tighter.

Did Deb poison herself? I don't think so, it had to be Hannah trying to make it look like an overdose accident. Deb being poisoned would have pointed a finger straight at Hannah.

We better have some answers before next year!! I hope everything isn't left open for a year. Grrrrr

Speculation is that next year will be a longer season to make the series exactly 100 episodes which is usually a minimum syndication number.

Raptor2099

Level 1
Since: 10/Dec/12
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 11:51 am
I'm betting Deb poisoned herself to "protect" Dexter and we'll find that out next episode, maybe... As for Dexter being arrested or whatnot that you see in the preview, I bet that is a (day)dream sequence. Can't wait for Sunday!
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (46%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 1:18 pm
I'm not too sure if Deb poisoned herself. I don't think she would put herself in that big of a risk while she knows she still had to drive halfway through Miami and putting herself and innocent drivers at risk. It also would not explain the blonde hair in her bathroom that Dexter found as well as Hannah saying to Arlene after she told Hannah about Deb: "I'll figure something out". Everything points at Hannah.

But even if this were true, it would still be for the best as Hannah can never be fully trusted. What Dexter said was spot-on, she will always do whatever she needs to do to protect herself, no matter who she has to hurt, it's all she's been doing so far.

The preview looked promising and I'm afraid we're gonna have a big cliffhanger at the point were Dexter is allegedly arrested as the Bay Harbor Butcher. One more to go and then the final waiting game begins.
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 2:46 pm
I hope Dexter being arrested is a day dream. Maybe a what-if from his ghost dad ?

I too can't wait for Sunday !
zwixxx

Level 7 (10%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 3:02 pm
I'm also in the Deb poisoned herself camp - Dexter said that the drug woulda taken an almost immediate effect so if she made sure to be away from people when she drank the water there would be pretty much zero percent chance of collateral damage.
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 3:14 pm
Who blacked out Dexter being arrested? It was in the previews !!!

How would Deb safely wreck her car is a BIG question in my mind.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (46%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 3:45 pm
On Monday, December 10th 2012 3:14 pm, guytwo wrote:
Who blacked out Dexter being arrested? It was in the previews !!!

That was me, since it's the season finale I'd reckon we'd be safe with spoilers of things yet to come. But I guess you're right, it was in the previews so it's all out in the open now anyway and isn't technically a spoiler for the episode we're discussing in this topic.

Personally I think that particular scene will be this season's cliffhanger and it will be another year before we have an answer to what actually happened. (I hope not, but I just have a feeling we're about to get another major cliffhanger especially since next year will be the final season).
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 6:39 pm
OH, no problem, I just didn't get why it was blackened.

I hope you are wrong about a major cliff-hanger, but I believe you're probably right. A lot of things going on now and it's way to many to be resolved in one episode.
zwixxx

Level 7 (10%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 7:25 pm
On Monday, December 10th 2012 3:14 pm, guytwo wrote:
How would Deb safely wreck her car is a BIG question in my mind.

Point car at ditch, drink water, stamp on acceleration, drive into ditch, pass out. QED.

Admittedly this ain't the most safest of plans, as demonstrated by the broken wrist, but iirc she DID say she'd do ANYTHING to save her bro, or to put that evil poisoner b***h behind bars, or something like that, so I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilites that this is what she did. Also, if we take it as read that Blonde DIDN'T do the deed then what else coulda happened.

As for blanking out trailer stuff, imho best to err on the safe side and some people avoid next ep previews like the plague. Thinking of the Dr Who next ep previews, they reveal EVERY thing that will happen in the next ep so should be spoilerblacked so as to not ruin the enjoyment for those who like to be surprised (or something like that).
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Message Posted On Monday, December 10th 2012 at 9:15 pm
If Deb did frame Hannah then I like this better, Deb actually has an accident and THEN gets the idea to frame Hannah. Assuming Deb has pills on board of course, but I still don't see it as being likely.

People that don't want spoilers, called previews, shouldn't go to these sites. Previews are open to discussion IMHO.

BTW: I liked Hannah better when she was Chucks girlfriend.
EvoQ

Level 1 (46%)
Since: 19/Sep/12
Message Posted On Thursday, December 13th 2012 at 6:08 pm
I heard James Doakes in the Preview that we saw in the last Episode. that's where the "Surprise Mother Fuc&er" title of the next Episode comes from. Doakes says that as LaGuerta is leading Dexter into the Miami/Dade Police precinct. That is why LaGuerta has been so insistent that Doakes was Innocent all along, she has been hiding/helping Doakes after he somehow escaped that explosion at the Everglades Camp.

I hope that as others are posting that this is one of Dexter's day Dreams.

IMHOpinion I see Dexter and Deb having to Kill-Off LaGuerta as she has been nothing but a back stabbing Biatch the entire show. Even the Former Chief will not say much when LaGuerta gets killed suddenly. This is purely speculation on my part, an educated guess pulled out of thin air.

Another thing is that somehow Quin's stripper Girlfriend just didn't suddenly skip town, I think there is something going on there for sure.

And as for Hannah I think that Deb did take way too many pills because she was popping those things right and left. Deb is just going along with the Idea that Hannah poisoned her. Too Bad for Hannah but honestly that girl was a ticking time bomb. I mean don't get into an argument with this girl or she will poison your coffee. Dexter knows this so he cut her loose.

But Hannah will not go silently away, she will somehow get out of jail and then go on some sort of poisoning spree killing God knows who.

I was really wanting Hannah and Dexter to stay together, I really liked seeing Dexter grow old and see Harrison call out to dear old Dexter Dad in that one day dream scene. reminded me of the last episode of "6 Feet Under".

Anyway sorry for the super long post, I just wanted to throw out there my guesses as to what might happen in future of the Dark Passenger !
guytwo

Level 15 (1%)
Message Posted On Thursday, December 13th 2012 at 8:54 pm
God stuff EvoQ and I agree with everything i you said in general.

I kept waiting for Hannah to poison Deb, but I too think Deb most likely accidentally took an overdose and is simply letting Hannah take the blame.
oldskool
(Editor)

Level 5 (46%)
Message Posted On Friday, December 14th 2012 at 7:50 am
No need to apologize for the long post EvoQ! There are some interesting theories in there

As I see it, Dexter has three options with LaGuerta:

1) Disappear like Harry suggested.
2) Kill her
3) Otherwise discredit her and make her look like a liability to the department, so nobody takes her theory seriously.

But if watching this show has taught me anything, they'll probably go with option 4 ...