Login or register  
TV
Doctor Who (2005) => Forum Index => 04x20 | The End of Time (2) (Jan 01, 2010)
Ben21
(Site Moderator)

Level 186 (93%)
Posts: 13473
Points: 801464.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, January 1st 2010 at 1:28 pm
Episode discussion for: 04x20 | The End of Time (2) (Jan 01, 2010)

David Tennant put in a great perfomance in his last episode. Was really touching at the end.
warnie

Level 1 (63%)
Posts: 35
Points: 57.5
Mood: ecstatic
Since: 21/Sep/09
Message Posted On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 at 10:02 am
it was a fitting and classy end to his reign as the 10th Doctor. Loved the closure montage in the last 10 minutes and a cheeky farewell to his favourite!
cjhtwo

Level 6 (6%)
Posts: 842
Points: 603.7
Since: 08/Jan/09
Message Posted On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 at 1:53 pm
Yes, it was a very good episode! I wasn't all that crazy about Part 1, so I was happy to have liked Part 2. The end was really wonderful, him saying goodbye to everyone, or at least seeing them for one last time.

Am I not remembering the previous regenerations correctly, or was there much more damage to the Tardis this time?
Ben21
(Site Moderator)

Level 186 (93%)
Posts: 13473
Points: 801464.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 at 3:22 pm
On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 1:53 pm, cjhtwo wrote:
Yes, it was a very good episode! I wasn't all that crazy about Part 1, so I was happy to have liked Part 2. The end was really wonderful, him saying goodbye to everyone, or at least seeing them for one last time.

Am I not remembering the previous regenerations correctly, or was there much more damage to the Tardis this time?



Is the first time the Tardis has been damaged. I think it was done as they want to give it a revamp in the new series.
Zarius

Level 23 (40%)
Posts: 658
Points: 4575
Since: 08/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 at 3:22 pm
The Doctor had absorbed radiation, when combined with the regenerative energies, it heavily damaged The TARDIS interior
cjhtwo

Level 6 (6%)
Posts: 842
Points: 603.7
Since: 08/Jan/09
Message Posted On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 at 7:55 pm
On Sunday, January 3rd 2010 3:22 pm, Zarius wrote:
The Doctor had absorbed radiation, when combined with the regenerative energies, it heavily damaged The TARDIS interior


I can buy that.
IGotBupkis

Level 4 (64%)
Posts: 279
Points: 1594.5
Since: 08/Mar/09
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 13th 2010 at 8:44 pm
.

<<<<<< Is there ANY question I'm a fan?

Quote:
I think it was done as they want to give it a revamp in the new series.

I don't see why it was necessary for this. In Time Crash, the Fifth Doctor (Davidson) looks around and mentions Tennant changing the "desktop theme", indicating that the look of the interior of the Tardis is an optional feature of the system.

But it was a decent episode. I can't wait for April, I will say that.

As great a job as Davies did, I am curious what Moffet has planned. Given that Moffet did some of the best of the Whos, I hope/think he can manage to keep the quality even higher than Davies when he's the Guy In Charge.

Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Posts: 1014
Points: 2539
Since: 14/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, February 20th 2012 at 2:45 pm
This was the most God awful convoluted mess of a finale that was RTD at his finest, cram as much in one episode that you can and have nothing make sense. "I don't want to go" was the worst end line of all time and lacked all forms of humility. I was screaming at the screen "hurry up and regenerate already!". Took the spot as Worst Doctor for me.
Zarius

Level 23 (40%)
Posts: 658
Points: 4575
Since: 08/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, March 6th 2012 at 3:29 pm
On Monday, February 20th 2012 2:45 pm, Rebelman wrote:
This was the most God awful convoluted mess of a finale that was RTD at his finest, cram as much in one episode that you can and have nothing make sense


Doctor Who has never made sense.

This is you only now realizing this?
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Posts: 1014
Points: 2539
Since: 14/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, March 10th 2012 at 10:01 pm
On Tuesday, March 6th 2012 3:29 pm, Zarius wrote:
On Monday, February 20th 2012 2:45 pm, Rebelman wrote:
This was the most God awful convoluted mess of a finale that was RTD at his finest, cram as much in one episode that you can and have nothing make sense


Doctor Who has never made sense.

This is you only now realizing this?


Huh? Frog hopping Master and eating people? Thats an entire slap in the face to Delgado and Ainley

Taking 20 minutes to regenerate after crying for the longest was a huge slap in the face to all the prior humble regenerations

I saw a video of "Hitler watches End of Time" and I laughed hysterically at how accurate it was

BBC One Start Production On David Walliams', 'The Boy In The Dress'

BBC One have announced production has started on David..

BBC Show Long-Term Commitment To Natural History Including Multiple Sir David Attenborough Shows

The BBC have announced their most ambitious..

Sky Atlantic to broadcast HBO's Olive Kitteridge

This December HBO’s acclaimed mini-series Olive Kitteridge will screen..