Login or register  
TV
Don't Forget The Lyrics! => Forum Index => 1: 1x01 | Episode 101A
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (22%)
Since: 19/Feb/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 11th 2007 at 8:40 pm
This was a fun show. It was set up basically like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?–the contestant earned the money in levels where you would drop back down if you got one of the levels incorrect and lost, you had to say "final answer" "lock in those lyrics", and there were lifelines backups, including family and friends as Phone-a-friends backup singers you could ask, 50-50 Two Words (where you could be given two of the four words needed to move on), and Three Lines (where you could be given a multiple choice question and choose which of the three is correct).

Unlike Millionaire, I actually felt like Wayne was not encouraging the contestant to go on and on about her every thought when deciding whether to lock in her lyrics; this was very much appreciated–I hated that time filler bit of "I think it's this one [pause] but maybe it's this one [pause]" "why do you think that?" "well..." on Millionaire. Just pick one already!

Katie was cute and I liked that Wayne was making fun of her a bit. I would be exactly that dorky, but way less confident about dancing and singing in front of everyone. Her answer about what she'd do if she won the $25,000 level (buy the best microscope and biggest ant farm the money would buy) was just so adorable.

I'm not sure if it was the contestant or the show itself, but I liked it. And while I knew all the songs, I didn't know many of the actual lyrics.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 11th 2007 at 8:44 pm
This sounds confusing..
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (22%)
Since: 19/Feb/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 11th 2007 at 9:51 pm
That's because you're reading me explain it. Reading it back, my explanation is confusing–I was more pointing out the similarities than explaining how it worked.

The show's way more complicated than it has to be, but if you understood Millionaire, you'd understand this show–it's just singing the next four words of a song instead of answering a multiple choice question and slightly different lifelines if the contestant wants help.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 11th 2007 at 10:13 pm
Sweet. I would be pro at this game if all the lyrics were for Flock of Seagulls.
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Thursday, July 12th 2007 at 6:38 am
I liked this show better than the Singing Bee. It was more of a game show and less of a dance party. And it was surprising how many of songs I knew the lyrics to, and how many I thought I knew but was really off.

I loved the microscope answer too. Very adorkable.
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (24%)
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, July 12th 2007 at 7:03 am
Yeah, I liked this much better than The Singing Bee, even though I thought the contestant sings worse that I would. in her place