Login or register  
TV
Dragon Ball Z (US) => Forum Index => How about the live action movie?
Johnny_ramone

Level 1 (41%)
Since: 14/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, December 3rd 2007 at 4:22 pm
There is going to be a Dragonball Z live action movie supposedly by late summer 08. Heres some info post your thoughts.

Justin Chatwin has been cast as Goku and James Marsters as Piccolo in the DBZ live action movie. They also say that the movie will be released August 15, 2008, much earlier than I initially predicted. The story for the movie remains unknown however, as Goku and Piccolo feature prominently in virtually all 16 DBZ sagas. Here's what Superhero Hype had to say.

"20th Century Fox has set Justin Chatwin (The Invisible, War of the Worlds) to play Goku and James Marsters ("Smallville," "Angel," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as the villain Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z.

In the big screen adaptation, Goku is a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

Actor/writer/director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) is producing. Final Destination helmer James Wong will direct from a script he wrote. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

The story is based on Akira Toriyama's popular manga that has spawned graphic novels, a long-running TV series and more than 25 video games. The Jump Comics division of Tokyo-based Shueisha published the "Dragon Ball" manga.

With shooting scheduled to begin later this month, Fox will bow the sci-fi/adventure worldwide Aug. 15. Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy,Mr. & Mrs. Smith and 300." [img]http://planetdragonball.com/images/stories/2007/goku-piccolo.jpg[/img

My thoughts are that this movie can go one of 4 ways..It could be awesome and everyone will love it, It can suck and everyone will hate it, it could suck but be reasonably successful just because so many people wanna see how the did it, and it could not be to true to the story line so a lot of people who watched dbz as younger kids or even as teenagers and adults wont like it but it will attract new people to the show.

If they do as good a job as transformers then we have nothing to worry about.
catherine9087

Level 1 (2%)
Since: 21/May/09
Message Posted On Sunday, May 31st 2009 at 3:45 am
Hi everyone,
I think Dragon Ball Z TV Show is best tv show forever. i also like to watch Dragon Ball Z online because i have no time to watch this show on television so i watch this show online when i am free. all thing in this show is fantastic.

SPOILER: Emmerdale - Adam Barton's Fate Is Revealed

Tonight’s episode of ‘Emmerdale' saw Adam Barton (Adam Thomas) in court..

Dan Roan is the BBC's New Sports Editor

Dan Roan has been appointed as BBC’s new Sports Editor. He will begin in his new..

Lynda Bellingham has decided to end chemotherapy treatment

Former Loose Women host, Lynda Bellingham has made the difficult decision..