Login or register  
TV
Eureka => Forum Index => 03x11 | Insane In The P-Brane (Jul 24, 2009)
zwixxx

Level 7 (6%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Friday, July 24th 2009 at 10:39 pm
Episode discussion for: 03x11 | Insane In The P-Brane (Jul 24, 2009)

I hate-hate-hate with a passion tv show plot lines that involve a woman pregnant by a non-bad man who hasn't told him about the baby "for his own good".

In the show she hasn't told him cos "he's a nomad who wouldn't like being tied down". And with that she's fine with denying him the (I'm kinda guessing) most wondrous feeling of knowing you're gonna be a dad and denying him all the experiences of bringing a new life into the world and seeing his child grow and learn and all that stuff. It should be for him to decide how (or whether) he wants to be involved and not her to make the decision for him "for his own good". Her life is going to change forever, who's to say he wouldn't choose to change his life so dramatically as well ? I'll tell you - He should be the one and not her.

Then at the end, when she eventually does tell him, just because he is unable to immediately digest the fact he's going to be a dad, to twins, and that she was almost going to keep that information from him, just cos he needs more than 5 seconds to collect his thoughts they paint him out to be the bad guy.

Seen this storyline play out in many series and movies and am definately NOT a big fan.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (24%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Saturday, July 25th 2009 at 12:46 pm
LMAO. I don't care about that. I am watching for the SciFi stuff.

I enjoyed it. I loved it a lot more than the JO episode. Jo episodes, and the actress who plays her doesn't do anything for me.
Samson.Real5

Level 1
Since: 25/Jul/09
Message Posted On Saturday, July 25th 2009 at 1:18 pm
Really its a good thing to listen and to watch but anyways I am very much excited about this episode.

Gibson
thinking of outsourcing?
zwixxx

Level 7 (6%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Saturday, July 25th 2009 at 1:42 pm
On Saturday, July 25th 2009 12:46 pm, marvelfan89 wrote:
LMAO. I don't care about that. I am watching for the SciFi stuff.

So I should whip out my vid editting software and simply chop out all the 'offending' material to leave the excellent syfy stuff - excellent idea.
Alken

Level 1 (2%)
Since: 27/Jul/09
Message Posted On Monday, July 27th 2009 at 11:15 am
Probably people do not like that kind of plot. I personally don't like that, a women gets pregnant by a man which is true to the fact but cant tell him due to personal reason. There is nothing in this world which is treated as a good news apart from that.

-----------------

Alken

Best Offer in Communication medium

Celebrity Big Brother - Nomination News

The celebrities had to nominate for the last time on Sunday unaware that there will be..

Reality Show Showdown - Who Won the first Head to Head of the Year - Strictly Come Dancing vs The X Factor

'Strictly Come Dancing' and 'The X..

Loose Women Returns To ITV Following A Summer Break

‘Loose Women’ made their return to ITV today after their long summer break..