Login or register  
TV
Family Guy => Forum Index => Episode Discussion "Brian Sings and Swings"
gakhandal
(Data Entry Specialist)

Level 67 (84%)
Posts: 5095
Points: 52537.3
Mood: ‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮esreveR nI‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, January 8th 2006 at 7:07 pm
Discuss the episode.
I like the reference to Darth Vader and chris that was pritty funny
Hypercrab

Level 18 (27%)
Posts: 875
Points: 2959.8
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, January 8th 2006 at 8:04 pm
Is Lois a lesbian? She seemed to enjoy that kiss.
gakhandal
(Data Entry Specialist)

Level 67 (84%)
Posts: 5095
Points: 52537.3
Mood: ‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮esreveR nI‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, January 8th 2006 at 8:50 pm
there was a prior episode that mentioned why she quit being one
WiseCrack
(Global Moderator)

Level 44 (8%)
Posts: 8140
Points: 1839.8
Mood: introverted
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, January 8th 2006 at 9:18 pm
Episode was funny. Not the best, but funny.
Taranchula

Level 1 (33%)
Posts: 89
Points: 0.4
Since: 11/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 8:26 am
It was okay, not as many "laugh out loud" moments as previous episodes but it was able to hold my interest for the shows duration.
Happenstance

Level 1 (85%)
Posts: 33
Points: 69.2
Since: 28/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 9:32 am
Ive really lost my interest in Family Guy lately, its starting to seem very lazy bothin in the comedy and the animation.
MirrorKirby9062

Level 15 (21%)
Posts: 2640
Points: 143
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 12:44 pm
pretty good some jokes went a little long and there was anither unfunny everyone hates meg joke but it was still good
Super_Cool

Level 11 (49%)
Posts: 2386
Points: 107.7
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 1:24 pm
I saw that "It was Meg's fault for Brian getting hurt" joke from a mile away.

It was a very good episode from later seasons' standards, but I actually enjoyed Meg's plotline more as it was much more original.

For Brian's plot, we already saw someone becoming a singer at a lounge ("Mind Over Murder"), we already saw a near death experience change someone's life ("Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story"), we already saw Brian going wacko ("Thin White Line"), we already saw Brian & Stewie being best friends ("Road To Rhode Island," "Road To Europe," "Peter Got Woods," among others), we already saw Brian hanging out with famous people ("Brian Does Hollywood"). Lame ass plot. I know Seth loves classic music but enough is enough. This should have at least been the subplot.
WiseCrack
(Global Moderator)

Level 44 (8%)
Posts: 8140
Points: 1839.8
Mood: introverted
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 4:03 pm
2 things made me laugh like crazy

1. Stewie and the 52 pick up card thing
2. The infomercial with the rich chinese guy.
gakhandal
(Data Entry Specialist)

Level 67 (84%)
Posts: 5095
Points: 52537.3
Mood: ‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮esreveR nI‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 9th 2006 at 11:54 pm
secret reference to the twin towers in Sundays episode?
as most of us know, Seth was close to boarding a plan from Boston that was hijacked on Sept 11. something happened and he didn't go. (Thank God)

there's been many episodes were this image can be seen. this is unclear if it is intended to be shown as the twin towers, or not (the building or buildings seem to have holes in them)..... (of course Peter lives in Quahog Rhode island and the twin towers were in NYC)


zoom into the pic and it really looks like 2 buildings


*note in some other episodes this building apears withought thos black globs or holes, and in othere episodes they Do.. ....
Super_Cool

Level 11 (49%)
Posts: 2386
Points: 107.7
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 10th 2006 at 1:38 pm
On Monday, January 9th 2006 11:54 pm, gakhandal wrote:
secret reference to the twin towers in Sundays episode?
as most of us know, Seth was close to boarding a plan from Boston that was hijacked on Sept 11. something happened and he didn't go. (Thank God)

there's been many episodes were this image can be seen. this is unclear if it is intended to be shown as the twin towers, or not (the building or buildings seem to have holes in them)..... (of course Peter lives in Quahog Rhode island and the twin towers were in NYC)


zoom into the pic and it really looks like 2 buildings


*note in some other episodes this building apears withought thos black globs or holes, and in othere episodes they Do.. ....



I don't think so. Seth says that he places buildings from Rhode Island in the backround of Family Guy, but most people take it for granted. That is probably some building in Rhode Island, and it looks more like one buiding, not two.
gakhandal
(Data Entry Specialist)

Level 67 (84%)
Posts: 5095
Points: 52537.3
Mood: ‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮esreveR nI‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 10th 2006 at 7:18 pm
On Tuesday, January 10th 2006 1:38 pm, Super_Cool wrote:
I don't think so. Seth says that he places buildings from Rhode Island in the backround of Family Guy, but most people take it for granted. That is probably some building in Rhode Island, and it looks more like one buiding, not two.

yeah, but why does it have black holes in it, that looks kind of weird...
Super_Cool

Level 11 (49%)
Posts: 2386
Points: 107.7
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 11th 2006 at 4:37 pm
On Tuesday, January 10th 2006 7:18 pm, gakhandal wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10th 2006 1:38 pm, Super_Cool wrote:
I don't think so. Seth says that he places buildings from Rhode Island in the backround of Family Guy, but most people take it for granted. That is probably some building in Rhode Island, and it looks more like one buiding, not two.

yeah, but why does it have black holes in it, that looks kind of weird...


I assumed they were shadows of some sort...
WiseCrack
(Global Moderator)

Level 44 (8%)
Posts: 8140
Points: 1839.8
Mood: introverted
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 11th 2006 at 4:44 pm
If you want my opinion, it kind of looks like a normal building the animaters drew in 5 seconds, with crappy detailing. And that's all. If you really want to go into it, you could argue it was the twin towers; but I don't think anything was intended.
KK3869

Level 1 (31%)
Posts: 61
Points: 12.3
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 11th 2006 at 7:37 pm
On Monday, January 9th 2006 1:24 pm, Super_Cool wrote:
I saw that "It was Meg's fault for Brian getting hurt" joke from a mile away.

It was a very good episode from later seasons' standards, but I actually enjoyed Meg's plotline more as it was much more original.

For Brian's plot, we already saw someone becoming a singer at a lounge ("Mind Over Murder"), we already saw a near death experience change someone's life ("Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story"), we already saw Brian going wacko ("Thin White Line"), we already saw Brian & Stewie being best friends ("Road To Rhode Island," "Road To Europe," "Peter Got Woods," among others), we already saw Brian hanging out with famous people ("Brian Does Hollywood"). Lame ass plot. I know Seth loves classic music but enough is enough. This should have at least been the subplot.


Exactly my thoughts. C'mon Seth we need good story lines.

And about the building I think Gak has a good find ,note that the building to the right looks a lot like the empire state building and those holes look suspicious. But I think is more coindence and crappy animation than it being the twin towers.
1 | 2

Big Brother UK - Huge Armageddon Twist Revealed

Big Brother's Armageddon twist has been revealed, with new housemates due to enter..

Wimbledon - The Winner Is?

Roger Federer was attempting to win a record eighth Wimbledon title as he met Novak Djokovic in..

Made in Chelsea Comes To America

  Some of the cast from the popular British show Made in Chelsea will take on the New York..