Login or register  
TV
Firefly => Forum Index => The intended episode viewing order
evil

Level 2 (37%)
Since: 26/Oct/05
Message Posted On Sunday, December 11th 2005 at 11:22 pm
After the show's network, Fox, insisted on a one hour pilot which was more action orientated than the original two hour pilot, 'Serenity' (parts one and two), Joss Whedon and Tim Minear wrote 'The Train Job' in two days, which became the new pilot and aired as such. Consequently, the order in which the episodes were then aired differed from the order intended by series creator, Joss Whedon. 'Serenity', the original pilot, ended up airing last, before the show was cancelled. Many argue that the show would have had a better chance and lasted longer on air if not for the bold change in the episode airing order.

The order of the episodes in the episode list here on TvRage are from the actual airing order. However, the order of the episodes on the Firefly DVD release is the order originally intended by Joss. Having said, I thought it would be a good idea to list the alternative episode order - the one on the DVD release:

Serenity (1)
Serenity (2)
The Train Job
Bushwhacked
Shindig
Safe
Our Mrs. Reynolds
Jaynestown
Out of Gas
Ariel
War Stories
Trash
The Message
Heart of Gold
Objects in Space

Enjoy! ...in the way it was intended!
TVoholic

Level 37 (66%)
Mood: morose
Since: 20/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, November 26th 2006 at 3:19 pm
If anyone is interested, you can watch the episodes over here.
leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Since: 26/Dec/07
Message Posted On Wednesday, December 26th 2007 at 10:48 am
Please fix this as rel groups are for some resone useing this web site for Firefly ep order when its Way out of order

i have now submitted the newEP list (i put ep1 on the first 2-3 posts as for some resone you site asks for ep 2 times)

Episode number:
Season 1, Episode:

both of them are going to be same number ?
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Since: 01/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, December 26th 2007 at 9:40 pm
On Wednesday, December 26th 2007 10:48 am, leexgx wrote:
Please fix this as rel groups are for some resone useing this web site for Firefly ep order when its Way out of order

i have now submitted the newEP list (i put ep1 on the first 2-3 posts as for some resone you site asks for ep 2 times)

Episode number:
Season 1, Episode:

both of them are going to be same number ?

The order in this episode guide must be the order of the episode that aired by FOX, so the episode guide is "correct". I know it sucks and the order of the guide looks really screwed up, but the episode list must be in the order in which FOX aired them, so The Train Job is it's first episode and the 2-part Serenity was it's last episode aired. Again I know it sucks, I'm a big Firefly fan myself and the screwed-up episode order is the reason why Firefly got low ratings (Thank FOX for that), but I gotta follow the rules of the episode guide.
leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Message Posted On Thursday, December 27th 2007 at 10:21 pm
strage rule is this site afixt with FOX ? the order should be corrected the Air dates can still be shown just make an note stateing it

leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Message Posted On Sunday, December 30th 2007 at 3:47 pm
more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Firefly_episodes
Cokebeard

Level 42 (53%)
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, December 30th 2007 at 6:26 pm
i completely agree with avstars... this is a tv site and we chronicle what happened on tv, not what was intended to happen on tv.

the order should not be corrected. it should list them in the order in which they were aired.

i'm pretty sure he's made his decision on this, so deal.
leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Message Posted On Sunday, December 30th 2007 at 11:46 pm
been aired els where in propper order 6-7 times (in the second link at the bottem)

the air dates can still be there just put them in the right order (the last 3 have missing air dates any way) its been shown on 4-5 dif TV program channels like
Quote:
In the United Kingdom, starting on May 12, 2003, Sci Fi Channel (United Kingdom) broadcast the episodes on Mondays at 9:00 p.m. (except for the first hour of the pilot which was shown at 8:00 p.m.)

there is more then enough info on that page to put it in the correct order (we dont have to use Fox network only thay made firefly confusing as it is by not showing it in order any way)

(i could not edit my last post so had to add it on top of my other one)
Cokebeard

Level 42 (53%)
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, December 31st 2007 at 2:33 pm
again this isn't a firefly fan site but a tv cataloging site. fox did it first so they get the right of way.

as for it being confusing, people will be able to figure it out. we're all big boys and girls here. plus this thread has been up since 2 weeks after the site opened noting the intended order.

are you championing this on other sites too? i checked three others and they have the same order as the one here.

it's not that big a deal. if you want to you can contribute alternate airdates for how they first aired on other networks.
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Since: 14/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, December 31st 2007 at 7:42 pm
Leegx

The episodes are correct. I did notice the production codes have to be wrong since it would be nice to have them in the "correct order" even though FOX aired them out of order.
leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2008 at 2:58 pm
should not be who aired it first seems strage more so due to fox basicy nuked this tv show in the way thay aired it

some rel groups should check the propper order then i guess insted of bindly going off an list

-----------------
why does the smilly on this site look like hes on drugs (its big and are so the eyes)
-----------------

how do i submit it so it shows in alt format (dif tv like scifi chan) on list page as last 15 was rejected i guess
do i use the Special Airtime dates ? or just resubmit them
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2008 at 3:39 pm
The it seems and it is are two different things in this case.

I don't know what was so hard to understand. You go by the airing of the show. Now if you want the site to add production codes so you'll know the order of making, then that would be good for the suggestion board.

Special air times? You add the dates that they aired. Are you talking about repeats? You don't add repeats.
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2008 at 3:40 pm
The it seems and it is are two different things in this case.

I don't know what was so hard to understand. You go by the airing of the show. Now if you want the site to add production codes so you'll know the order of making, then that would be good for the suggestion board.

Special air times? You add the dates that they aired. Are you talking about repeats? You don't add repeats. If you are talking about when it aired originally in another country, then I think that alternate air date would be it.
leexgx

Level 1 (5%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2008 at 4:29 pm
so edit (Special air times) for alternate air dates i have in an other country ?
-------- edit ------------
found the alternate air dates button heh thats what i was looking for
do i tick the World Premiere button (is Fox the World Premiere ?) or is it for when its first aired in UK for e.g.
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2008 at 4:45 pm
I honestly have no idea what world premiere means. But the ones you add would be the ones with the asterisks by them then if it had a different "name" for the foreign release to that country, then you would add that. Then that should be it.
1 | 2

NBC Developing Horror Anthology Series

Could it be? Could the horror anthology genre be finally ready to return to network..

'The Blacklist' Season 2 Trailer

'The Blacklist' returns Monday, September 22nd at 10:00 p.m. ET...

EastEnders Cast Maria Friedman as Elaine Peacock, Linda Carter's Mother

Maria Friedman will be guest starring in ‘Eastenders’..