Login or register  
TV
Firefly => Forum Index => The intended episode viewing order
Vore

Level 1 (9%)
Since: 03/Jan/08
Message Posted On Friday, January 4th 2008 at 8:44 am
On Sunday, November 26th 2006 3:19 pm, TVoholic wrote:
If anyone is interested, you can watch the episodes over here.

That site is a great find TVoholic....thanks...
tvphile

Level 1 (46%)
Since: 15/Feb/07
Message Posted On Tuesday, February 19th 2008 at 2:19 pm
On Friday, January 4th 2008 8:44 am, Vore wrote:
On Sunday, November 26th 2006 3:19 pm, TVoholic wrote:
If anyone is interested, you can watch the episodes over here.

That site is a great find TVoholic....thanks...

...as illegal as it gets.
jmerkow

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 19/Apr/10
Message Posted On Monday, April 19th 2010 at 2:32 pm
evil is right.

Here is wiki on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Firefly_episodes
jmerkow

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 19/Apr/10
Message Posted On Monday, April 19th 2010 at 4:04 pm
The episodes should be listed by their episode number. Their episode number isn't necessarily the order they aired in. The episode they aired in is also listed, I don't get what the big deal is.

Just because a series airs in a particular order doesn't mean those are the episode numbers. The air dates are intact.
Gadfly
(Site Moderator)

Level 95 (26%)
Mood: frustrated
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, April 19th 2010 at 6:30 pm
That's how TVRage (and pretty much all other TV database sites) do it. The episode number is the order they aired in. Production codes are used to indicate the production order.

The episode numbers should match the season numbers for the first season, and the episode numbers indicate the order they're aired in. The only exception is if there is a unaired pilot, or a Special, mixed in there somewhere. Those are typically numbered 0.

The production codes are intact if the episode numbers show the order the episodes were aired in.
efraim30

Level 1 (65%)
Since: 02/Feb/10
Message Posted On Saturday, September 18th 2010 at 1:25 pm
In this case Fox screwed it up, as usual. They like cancelling everything that is good mid- season anyway. TVrage follows the most stupid Fox airdates which brought this season partly to where it ended up. But OK, fair enough.

Then someone correctly points out that this aired correctly (DVD order, Joss Whedon's intended order) in other countries. But no, Fox aired first and has right of way (how stupid is that argument?). Also we follow TV airdates, period. D'oh, right, Fox again. Also Joss Whedon is not relevant, who cares anyway. He cannot have thought about why he ordered them like he did, no. (scnr)

I hate it how much tvrage.com is US- centric. Best examples would be the episode order for Flashpoint (AIRDATES AGAIN! - even though it played correct in many (all except US even? would be fun) other countries. S1/S2 is totally broken. Wikipedia has the facts, even the DVDs are different for the seasons and CBS screwed up this time.

Or look on the Madagascar Penguins - the list is mixed up, messed up, and I was checking several other sites and the wikipedia BLAH I am just fed up.

TVrage and episodes listing... you can stick with 'the US aired first, you all lose' way of doing things - which is my interpretation of the above and my understanding after reading through tons of posts here and for other examples. Does not work well with non- US visitors where they had another order of episodes. Do you want to get UK visitors to this website (for example)? I am from Germany FWIW. In those cases I believe a clearly different (even better/ improved) episode order with clear cause/ reason (creator of the show, DVD order, 'fixed' airing order in other countries) has more authority than 'Fox aired first' or similar.

And indeed there are 'releases' that use this website and everyone watching Firefly will be a bit puzzled as the order is not as good as it could be. tvrage.com has a lot of weight, and sticks to the US-isms... Reduce their viewing pleasure, as Fox has right of way? Your website is used by many of those compiling the episodes... what you have they copy.

I do not get it. As I say at work (US corporate culture is way different when I worked for a US company out of NY): procedures are useful and good, if you are allowed to have a brain (i.e., speak up and get listened- to when you have a serious point).
1 | 2