Login or register  
TV
Last Resort => Forum Index => Canceled...
DiGiTaLM4N

Level 2 (7%)
Since: 26/Feb/08
Message Posted On Monday, November 26th 2012 at 9:35 pm
cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57551680/abc-cancels-last-resort-and-666-park-avenue/ ABC Strike again like I knew they would canceling another good series I think I'm just done with that entire network now.
pops139

Level 2 (18%)
Since: 03/Nov/07
Message Posted On Thursday, December 6th 2012 at 9:38 pm
ditto
oldskool

Level 5 (43%)
Mood: relaxed
Since: 08/Jun/10
Message Posted On Friday, December 7th 2012 at 7:34 am
Yes, it's a shame. But the good news is that the season will be completed with a conclusive finale, at least that's something.
ankjevik

Level 4 (61%)
Since: 12/Jul/10
Message Posted On Sunday, December 9th 2012 at 5:14 am
yeah ABC has taken the place of FUX from the last 2 years, when it comes to canning my new favorites
bazzg

Level 1
Since: 13/Dec/12
Message Posted On Thursday, December 13th 2012 at 9:19 am
don't belive it it's just started here in the uk and it's great
zwixxx

Level 7 (7%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Thursday, December 13th 2012 at 3:58 pm
On Friday, December 7th 2012 7:34 am, oldskool wrote:
Yes, it's a shame. But the good news is that the season will be completed with a conclusive finale, at least that's something.

Maybe, if, at the start, the studio had said "we guarantee you a conclusion". many more people would have jumped on board and stuck around (removal of a cliffhanger end-ep fear being a big thing), thus making it more successful, thus negating this early close that's happening.
ankjevik

Level 4 (61%)
Since: 12/Jul/10
Message Posted On Friday, December 14th 2012 at 8:41 pm
well you sayd it zwixx!!! and i must say i could not agree more...
aifan

Level 1 (43%)
Since: 17/Mar/11
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 1st 2013 at 2:44 am
Damn ABC, cancelled Last Resort. What is wrong with these people?
amarvarma2005

Level 2 (59%)
Since: 26/Feb/11
Message Posted On Friday, January 25th 2013 at 7:00 am
I think it was cancelled because it shows how easy corruption is possible... and shows the US in a bad light... it does not follow the fictitious view of America that most have been indoctranated into.
gforzenl

Level 1
Since: 26/Jan/13
Message Posted On Saturday, January 26th 2013 at 5:01 am
I hadn't picked up on the news of the show being cancelled. So you could imagine my shock when it abruptly ended the way it did. I think it showed resemblence of a Stephen King novell/movie, where there is such a story to be told but in the end its all 'quick and dirty'.
I thought this was one of the new stories to be told in the 'what if' scenarios.
Whereas the current economic crisis can take a turn for the worse if politicians take actions which do no benefit the people/future in the long run.

Apologies for any misspelling..
TheCthulhu

Level 1 (52%)
Since: 13/Nov/10
Message Posted On Monday, January 28th 2013 at 12:08 am
Well they hyped and advertised it a lot - that's something. It started really slowly after the initial crisis, and we serial drama fans know how short the average viewer's attention span is these days. I imagine a lot of viewers were turned off by the slow start. I also heard a lot of people complaining about the show taking place almost exclusively on the island. They expected a show set on a sub in open water from what I gather.

Anyhow, while I've been far more upset at other shows being cancelled, I always hate to see an above average serial drama go. I urge everyone not to wait on watching serials, however - as many suggest - until they are renewed. They're worth watching even without a proper ending, not to mention even shows that air for multiple seasons don't always get a proper ending......and when they DO, often times it is unsatisfactory. If everyone waits to watch, none of them will EVER survive, and why are we so special that we should expect other people to watch to get the series renewed before we spend our precious time on it? I find that view selfish and arrogant......
webe123

Level 1
Since: 30/Jan/13
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 30th 2013 at 12:59 am
On Friday, January 25th 2013 7:00 am, amarvarma2005 wrote:
I think it was cancelled because it shows how easy corruption is possible... and shows the US in a bad light... it does not follow the fictitious view of America that most have been indoctranated into.

No it was cancelled because it LIES about america. Don't tell me you actually are stupid enough to think that America is that way? You are an idiot if you do!

America may not be perfect by any stretch, but these idiots simply had something against it. Of that I am sure!

And I am GLAD it was cance4lled! It was a stupid ending and they could not even do that right!

BBC One Announces New Drama, 'The Missing'

BBC One announces new drama, ‘The Missing’. 'The Missing' is a drama told..

BBC Three Announces Cast For 'Tatau'

BBC Three have announced the cast for drama series, ‘Tatau’. Joe Layton will..

ABC Renews 'Mistresses' for Third Season

ABC summer series ‘Mistresses’ is being welcomed back to the network for a..