Login or register  
TV
Lipstick Jungle => Forum Index => 1x03 | Chapter Three: Pink Poison
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (16%)
Since: 19/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, February 26th 2008 at 8:41 pm
Victory: I liked that the whole "non-fight" was handled in an adult manner. She didn't freak out; he didn't give her an ultimatum; they just have different expectations about what a shared life would look like and she's dealing with that realization.

Nico: I'm impressed with how much they're writing her as obviously enjoying the affair but not really enjoying Kirby as a person and how that leads her to being a jerk to him. I'd nitpick about how I think she'd at least have the presence of mind to say "Isn't he the assistant to the photographer for the Prince William shoot?" when her boss asked her if she knew who he was, but I'm about to do a whole lot of ranting about Wendy's storyline and I don't want to pile on.

Wendy: What high-powered New York mother does not give her teenage daughter a cell phone for safety reasons alone? If she's actually worried about texts, internet, etc., get a phone and/or plan that restricts that. Wendy's smart; she'd be able to do that - or get her assistant to do that. The way they were talking about the kid, I thought she was in elementary school, but then Shane said she was fourteen! For God's sake, if your fourteen year old daughter is running away from you with no shoes on and possibly no money, she needs a cell phone so you can call her to figure out where she is or so she can call you or a cab or friends. And since she apparently got home just fine without your help or a cell phone (or shoes on!), she's clearly responsible enough to have a cell phone even if she doesn't need it. (Which she does, even if just for Wendy's peace of mind - when Shane said Maddie was at a friend's house studying, Wendy said she wanted to call the friend's house. You know what would be helpful to be able to call your daughter even if she's somewhere you don't know the number for? A cell phone!)
PureMaria

Level 26 (73%)
Mood: amused
Since: 20/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, February 27th 2008 at 11:11 pm
You have to think about the situation between Nico and Kirby, though. Kirby knew from the get-go that Nico was married. He still continued to pursue her until he got burnt. Now, he's making up these bogus allegations that she sexually assaulted him. That kind of made me not like him...well at least his personality.. I may not know the whole story, which brings me to my question: did Nico get him fired? I must've missed that part.

Nico's husband is such a bonehead. How can he not see that his wife is lonely? There's never an excuse to cheat, but I'm not sure if I would of been able to resist Kirby, either..

Most of Wendy's decisions annoy me...and I'm going to leave it at that.

I don't really have anything to say about Victory. Love the name! Anyway, she seems to be the mellow one, so there's not much you can say.
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (16%)
Message Posted On Saturday, March 1st 2008 at 9:55 am
On Wednesday, February 27th 2008 11:11 pm, PureMaria wrote:
You have to think about the situation between Nico and Kirby, though. Kirby knew from the get-go that Nico was married. He still continued to pursue her until he got burnt. Now, he's making up these bogus allegations that she sexually assaulted him. That kind of made me not like him...well at least his personality.. I may not know the whole story, which brings me to my question: did Nico get him fired? I must've missed that part.

Nico called Kirby's boss and asked if there could be a new assistant for the next shoot. The photographer kept asking if he did something wrong, and Nico kept saying no, he didn't, but she thought there could be a different assistant. The photographer then said "You want someone who doesn't keep disappearing." (I'm not sure if we are to infer here that he "disappears" at least some of the time to be with Nico on the job.) Then the photographer said she'd "take care of it," which we find out means fire him entirely.

Nico's boss said Kirby claimed she "sexually harassed" him, not assault. We'll have to wait until next week to find out exactly what the claims are, I guess. I think Kirby meeting Nico's co-worker in the elevator is meant to imply that the co-worker prodded Kirby into a sexual harassment suit that may involve trumped up charges. Which is unfortunate, because I think it would be a more interesting story to see Nico faced with what she actually did - I don't know that getting someone fired because you're having an affair with them fits the definition of sexual harassment, but it's certainly unethical and should be against some kind of company rule, if not legal law. The affair becoming public knowledge will provide enough drama on its own, anyway.

Anyway, I have sympathy for both Kirby and Nico. Kirby's not responsible for Nico's marriage, but he didn't seem to realize the degree to which Nico doesn't want her marriage to end. And whenever the affair and Nico's "real life" collide, her understandable desperation to separate them makes her incapable of communicating that to Kirby. So Kirby's blindsided by Nico getting him fired, then promising to fix it, then telling him he's not getting the job back but she'll look for something for him and condescendingly throwing money at him to make him go away. But the audience has seen Nico when she's cried after the first time with Kirby and her attempts to get her husband to pay attention to her, so we see how that could make sense to her because of how he sees their affair. The more I think about it, the more it seems like this storyline has a "different expectations" theme as well.
Allison
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 34 (16%)
Message Posted On Saturday, March 1st 2008 at 10:50 am
And, by the way, by "next week", I mean "last Thursday" - I haven't watched episode four yet.

Big Brother UK: Latest Nominations Twist Revealed

The Power Alliance of Ashleigh, Chris and Mark have been outed to the Big Brother..

itv confirms the launch date for itvBe

itv have today announced that new free to air channel itvBe will launch on 8th October..

General Hospital Still Improving

Ratings for the Week of July 7-11, 2014 All of the soaps except Days Of Our Lives were up on the..