At a desert command post, MacGyver comes in over the rooftop and climbs down on a rope to a second-story window. He slips in to steal a map of the U.S. with specific targets indicated. MacGyver takes the map and tries to leave, only to discover the door is locked and the key is outside in the lock. He tries to climb back up the rope instead but a camel herder spots him and alerts nearby soldiers. MacGyver slips the map under the door then pokes the key out with his knife and pulls it back under the door using the map. Once outside, he relocks the doors and the soldiers waste time breaking down the door and searching while MacGyver makes a run down the stairs...Read the full recap
MacGyver: Great thing about a map: it can get you in and out of places a lot different ways.
MacGyver: Just goes to show you: a good map will always get you where you want to go.
Kate Connelly: So how you going to start a fire? Make lightning, or rub two sticks together?
MacGyver: Well, thought I'd use a match.
Kate Connelly: Aw, shucks, MacGyver, I was looking forward to seeing some more of your Boy Scout stuff.
Kate Connelly: You're a very... unexpected man, MacGyver. You keep me off balance.
* Map to catch a key poked through a keyhole on the other side and pull it back
* Map rolled up as a blowgun to fire a seed and distract a woman
* Map used as a concealed club, with an iron bar rolled up inside
* Map as a sled to slide down a sand dune
* Map duct taped to a balloon to cover a bullet hole
* Camera strap with plastic clip to pull apart electrified wires
* Camera flash to set off a wad of plastic explosives
* Firecrackers taped inside a bell, with a strap to release the bell and a candle as a timed fuse
* Jeep winch fastened to the underside of a parked pursuing vehicle and anchored, so it flips over when driven
* Bus mirror and a compact as a makeshift periscope to drive the bus while keeping head down
* Dirty engine oil poured on an overheated engine block to make a chemical fog