MacGyver: They said you had one of your students working the problem with you.
Willis: Just like we did when you were in my classes.
MacGyver: Well, yeah, but I don't remember ever breaking into the Defense Department's computer.
Willis: Good ones like Kate, they are rare. Then there's MacGyvers who have to have their brains rattled every now and then just to make sure they're still in tune.
MacGyver: Pete, I owe it to Professor Willis; he wanted this girl protected, and I'm gonna do it.
Pete: Now wait...
MacGyver: So, best of luck; I'm a phone call away if you need me - I know all of that, Pete. Thanks. (strolls out) "Stay out of trouble. Keep expenses down. Come back alive…"
Pete: Took the words right out of my mouth.
MacGyver: One of the great things about satellite navigation is that they can pinpoint a location down to one hundred yards. Problem is, they still can't tell who's liable to be waiting there.
MacGyver: So, why don't you introduce him?
Kate Lafferty: He's shy, especially around strangers. But get him alone in the lab? Can he compute!
* Sound oscillator hooked up to a speaker to immobilize the bad guys
* Jumper cables hooked up to a generator to burn through steel bars (Kate does this)
* Aerosol spray to cool down heated bars
* Jeep radio and portable radio to triangulate on a enemy's radio to track him
* Acid from a cactus to create a makeshift battery to power a radio
* Headlight reflector as a parabolic mirror, directed with binocular lenses and directed using a rear-view mirror, to ignite shotgun shells