MacGyver is at his apartment sparring with a masked woman and honing his martial art skills. He ends up with his foot in a wastebasket and goes down, then surrenders. His opponent, Lisa Chan, tells him not to telegraph his moves. They're interrupted when someone calls for Lisa: a man offering to finance her marital arts studio. She asks MacGyver to pick up her brother Paul, who is at a birthday party. MacGyver willingly agrees but Lisa warns that the 14-year-old Paul is getting out of her control and is bringing up their parents' death from seven years ago. MacGyver assures her that as long as Paul still has a white streak in his hair...Read the full recap
MacGyver: I grew up in Northern Minnesota, and I remember snow drifts that would bury whole parking lots, icicles longer than a hockey stick, and being stuck with three layers of clothing. My favorite, though, was when they announced "Exposed Flesh Warnings" on the radio to prevent frostbite. When I came to California, I found out it's really a small world. They had Exposed Flesh Warnings, too, called "Beach Parties." The type of party that did away with frostbite, did away with most of the clothing, too. But, the beach isn't the only place for a party, and I had some friends who really knew how to party down.
MacGyver: I remember the age when it was cool to be bad. Dumb age.
MacGyver: I used to love museums when I was a kid. You never knew what you'd find inside. I liked mysteries... back then.
* RC car with a dragon head mask placed on it, to distract a guard
* Watch crystal to focus sunlight and set off fireworks
* Blade from an air vent as a chisel, a pipe faucet as a hammer, to pry up a board
* An umbrella with the cloth cut off as a grappling hook, clothesline as rope
* Gunpowder from bullets, wrapped in a bandanna, then pushed into a lock to blow it open by hitting a cartridge pin
* Handle from a fire extinguisher to jam a door
* Rope as a whip to trip a martial artist