MacGyver and Pete watch from the beach with a SEAL commander as an assault force takes a beach. The SEAL forces come ashore and take out the control center that controls the mines, allowing the marines to land. The commander then explains that they need the Phoenix Foundation to investigate two at-sea robberies that involved SEAL techniques. The military can't become involved in civilian crime so they want Pete and MacGyver to help, and they promptly agree...Read the full recap
MacGyver: You know, you guys are missin' out on a great deal, if you kill me. I can help you. See, I'm kind of an expert with just about everything.
MacGyver: Anti-personnel mine. First click armed it. Not many people ever get to hear the second click.
* Packing pellets tossed into a blower to blind bad guys
* Bilge pump to pump water into a bumper crammed into a locked hatch, to break the hatch open (it doesn't work: the bumper cracks open)
* Knocking the valve off of a tank of compressed gas to blast a hatch open
* A piece of string to hold a tripwire taut and get clear before setting off the attached mine
* A twig to wedge down the trigger button on a land mine