MacGyver is in the wilderness dodging rocket fire when a man draws a bead on him. Pete arrives to drop the man, then warns they are the only two left. He offers MacGyver a gun, but his friend turns it down. They head for a bridge where a silver box is hidden. One soldier is watching the bridge. MacGyver borrows Pete's rifle and uses a shoelace to rig it to fire after a piece of paper he's set up burns through. A woman in soldier gear spots the mechanism and walks away. Pete and MacGyver move through the brush and approach the bridge when the soldier leaves to investigate. MacGyver gets the box from beneath the bridge, but the woman opens fire and Pete collapses. MacGyver emerges and the woman shoots him in the chest. The woman whistles a signal and everyone gets up: the entire thing is a Bushmaster practice wargame. ..Read the full recap
(Pete offers a gun)
MacGyver: You know how I feel about those things.
Pete: But you're defenseless out here.
MacGyver: No, just weaponless.
Pete: Diversion worked? We're home free.
MacGyver: No, timer worked. We're not done yet.
Lt. Raoul Para: I've been told there's no real proof of his guilt.
General Salazar: The problem is being corrected as we speak.
Kelly Henderson: My mom died right after I was born.
MacGyver: Any brothers or sisters?
Kelly Henderson: No. I guess I'm his daughter and his son.
MacGyver: Which one of you is here to rescue him?
MacGyver: There are times you can't do a job all by yourself. What I needed was a little help from the locals—local chickens, that is.
MacGyver: Egg whites are good for a lot of things. Lemon meringue pie, angel food cake, and... plugging up radiators.
* A shoelace to tie a rifle to a branch and a twig to rig its trigger to fire, once a piece of paper is lit on fire to burn through the anchored string
* Sand tossed into a desk fan to blind a soldier
* Freon from a refrigerator compressor to freeze a cell door lock and break it
* A piece of twine tied to a rat, sent through a drain pipe so an accomplice can take the twine and tie something to it so MacGyver can pull it back
* A jeep with the tires stripped, to run along a rail track
* Egg whites poured into a radiator, so they cook and plug leaks
* Bullets, mini-flares, and grenades put into a gas tank and set on fire with a paper fuse
* Running a piece of metal along a rail track from a car, generating sparks to set a piece of paper on fire