<-- Previous EpisodeNext Episode -->
After almost getting killed, MacGyver visits an old girlfriend, now a park ranger, working at a national park. When they discover poachers hunting on the land, things turn deadly as the poachers come after them.
MacGyver is tracking two men who hired on with a government contractor and then started stealing classified information. He follows them to a nightclub but the men spot him. One of them approaches him and draws a gun. MacGyver spots him and gets two glasses of rum from the bartender, and then tries to borrow a book of matches. Before he can get them, the man opens fire.....Read the full recap
Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) and Don S. Davis (Wyatt Porter) would later star in Stargate SG-1
together from 1997 to 2004. They played Colonel Jack O'Neill and Major General George Hammond respectively.
Robin Mossley (Earl) would also later join Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) on two episodes of Stargate SG-1.
Karen Miller: Well, well, well. MacGyver. You sure don't give a girl much notice.
MacGyver: Think I'd give you a chance to say no?
MacGyver: When things get tough, sometimes I turn to a friend. Other times I just want to hide in the mountains. This time I found myself doing both. I'd come to see Karen Miller. We had a thing for each other in college, but after a couple of years together, she was ready for something a little more permanent. I wasn't. So, I kept on moving, and she put on the badge of a park ranger.
Karen Miller: You look good, MacGyver.
MacGyver: You think so?
Karen Miller: Always did.
MacGyver: You know how to tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly?
Karen Miller: How?
MacGyver: Climb a tree. If it follows you up, it's a black bear...
Karen Miller: If it knocks the tree down, it's a grizzly.
Karen Miller: That's an old joke.
MacGyver: From an old boyfriend.
MacGyver: How much further to the cabin?
Karen Miller: As the crow flies, about a mile. As the wounded walk... we're going to have to take the long way. I'm in no shape for hill-climbing.
MacGyver: There's a fine line in nature that divides the hunter from the hunted. The trick was to turn the situation around. The tools I had available were nature, Karen's coat, and the tranquilizer darts in her backpack. The first thing I had to do was to give them something to shoot at that wasn't me.
Karen Miller: You sure know how to show a girl a good time. Just like always.
Karen Miller: Now I know why we never said goodbye—too damn hard.
MacGyver: Let's not.
* Two glasses of rum set on fire with matches to create a fireball diversion (MacGyver doesn't succeed at this)
* A bandanna hung to a branch and thrown downstream to convince pursuers to go in the wrong direction
* An animal tranquilizer dart tied to a branch with fishing line, the branch pulled back and the string rigged across the path
* Limonite to paint a signal arrow in the woods to make it visible to an overhead chopper
* Elastic cord from a coat, combined with the barrel of a flashlight, to form a projection device to shoot a tranquilizer dart
* Coat on a branch, pulled back and held by a string, released by burning matches on a timed delay