Login or register  
TV
Revolution (2012) => Forum Index => what are they thinking
eas125

Level 1 (69%)
Since: 22/Feb/10
Message Posted On Tuesday, August 7th 2012 at 3:36 pm
They plan to air this in the same time slot as Hawaii 50, Castle, and Sons of Anarchy? OK, so Sons can be recorded at a later time, but sheesh. Pick a slot without so much competition why dontcha.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 8th 2012 at 5:59 am
Don't worry this show probably won't last very long unless it's better than the commercials I've seen.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 8th 2012 at 9:15 pm
I don't think a show like this can survive nowadays on TV. Which is a shame, if it was quality like LOST was, but the reviews don't seem that promising.

Interesting concept though, since those shows on Discovery and whatnot showing post-human Earth, and this reminds me of that.

ETA: Elizabeth Mitchell is in this, which LOST fans may remember her as Juliette!
tinalessia

Level 2 (68%)
Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Sunday, August 12th 2012 at 11:47 pm
that's what torrents are for
TheCthulhu

Level 1 (51%)
Since: 13/Nov/10
Message Posted On Tuesday, August 14th 2012 at 9:37 pm
A show like this could only survive in an ideal slot on network TV - it would have to fall on a night with little competition and build up a good viewer base BEFORE competing with the other big shows. A FAR better idea would be to do these types of shows on cable, where they have a MUCH better chance of survival. Now if only we had a network dedicated to sci-fi.........hmmmm........

The show itself looks like a far less interesting take on a subject that has already been done and done well by Jeremiah, Jericho, Survivors, and several others. I was excited when I heard the concept but much less so now that I've seen the trailer. Who writes some of this crap? Like Terra Nova - no matter what you thought of it overall you have to admit the writing was atrocious! It was as if written by children! And Falling Skies, while moderately entertaining, is nearly as bad at times.

Can't these people even put together a coherent plot line that makes sense? Even the serial dramas on TV today are going toward reality TV-style. I get exasperated with these shows because they devolve from an interesting concept into a depressing combination of romance and fighting amongst the characters. The will-they-or wont-they romance in which the people involved ALMOST get together but then yet another ridiculous circumstance or argument prevents it. Or people just fighting constantly and nothing good EVER happening. It's maddening.
garycbelleville

Level 5 (58%)
Mood: awake
Since: 08/Jul/09
Message Posted On Wednesday, September 5th 2012 at 10:21 pm
Well call me what ever you want but I was one of the few who were not affraid to admit that I enjoyed Terra Nova and Falling Skies and nw this show my problem howwever every year is the same old thing. How long will it air before it gets pulled.
To me that is the most fustrating thing. I don't mind watching a show or movie that is not all what it was intended to be providing that I get a chance to see the entire show, or said movie.
After a certain amount of times of investing into a new show that you where quite enjoying it gets pulled for no valide reasons. What do you do the next time that same station or network tries to force feed a new show to you..... you tend to shy away from it. Not because it sounds lame or boring but rather because you kind of know in advance that the show will be pulled shorlty after you finally started to enjoy it.
Personally I truely beleive that if you have chosen a certain show to fill a certain time slot then run the entire season of it. Not just one or two episode then claim that the rating where too low to then cancell it. Give it a chance. Many newcomer to ew shows only really start watching once the show has benn on for more than a few weeks. lets just say the show gets a larger audience once it passes its trial run process and is still around. Then people flock to it. before that why bother, it will probable get cancelled so why invest my time and energie into it.
matt4848

Level 1 (86%)
Since: 29/Feb/12
Message Posted On Monday, September 17th 2012 at 7:38 pm
If the viewers give it a chance, this will become another LOST phenomenon. Billy Burke is f***ing badass, the chicks hot, and theres a Google Geek. Combined with the question of "How the f*** did that chick get power to her PC?! And how the f*** did she connect to any kind of internet!?!?!

It has great characters, storyline and keeps you guessing, f***ing badass IMHO.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, September 17th 2012 at 8:51 pm
Nothing special to me but I will watch again, at least a few times.
LadiLulu

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 24/Aug/12
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 18th 2012 at 11:36 am
I will definitely follow this show. I loved the plot. The whole blackout idea. It is actually something that really will take place one day on earth u know.
KiMare

Level 1 (1%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 18th 2012 at 11:42 am
I hope this show goes on. I liked the show. It is like Lost, but that doesn't mean it is bad. They aren't trying to replace Lost in any way. They are just introducing a new concept to the table. Lets see how it goes
sawsonside

Level 1 (2%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 18th 2012 at 11:55 am
I don't know why some people didn't like the first episode. I liked it. It was very thrilling and interesting.
ElaineBammo

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 25/Aug/12
Message Posted On Tuesday, September 18th 2012 at 12:08 pm
I liked it so much that I watched the pilot again online! I tell ya, I'm hooked!
Rafikul

Level 1 (2%)
Message Posted On Wednesday, September 19th 2012 at 11:16 am
Hehe, I doubt they'll cancel it that fast. I do expect a HUGE drop in viewers. The pilot will probably have great ratings, people do have high hopes for new shows...

I'm guessing the initial rating will be around 2.5-3+. Depends on how hyped the show was, honestly I haven't really heard much about it. Next week it'll be around 1.8-2.1~. The following week... surely down at 1.5. It will keep dropping until it reaches probably around 0.9-1.1. By then the show should have ended for the season. If they renewed it... it's hard to tell.
mikey860

Level 1 (1%)
Message Posted On Wednesday, September 19th 2012 at 12:45 pm
That a soap opera is your go-to comparison is indicative of just how bad the acting is.

And it isn't only the kids, either. There's got to be a direction problem as well as a casting issue, because everyone was overacting to the point of .
Housemess

Level 1 (2%)
Since: 04/Oct/10
Message Posted On Thursday, September 20th 2012 at 6:54 am
I'll give it a chance for another 1-2 episodes, but, the pilot was not good at all...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Paul O'Grady: For The Love Of Dogs returns on September 4th

The award winning series 'Paul O'Grady: For The Love Of Dogs' returns..

Strictly Come Dancing - Jake Wood confirmed as taking part

Jake Wood, best known for playing the role of Max Branning in EastEnders, is..

A&E Cancels 'Longmire' After 3 Seasons

In a fairly surprising move, cable network A&E has opted to cancel its..