Login or register
TV
Revolution (2012) => Forum Index => 01x20 | The Dark Tower (Jun 03, 2013)
Pentar
(The Covenant)

Level 67 (37%)
Mood: cold
Since: 12/Jan/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, June 4th 2013 at 8:52 pm
Episode discussion for: 01x20 | The Dark Tower (Jun 03, 2013)

I'm a little confused where all the power is coming from after 15 years that is turning on ceiling fans, lighting skyscrapers, etc. It's one thing to enable the power to work, it's another thing to fire up all the coal burning power plants, restart the nuclear reactors, etc.
matt4848

Level 1 (78%)
Since: 29/Feb/12
Message Posted On Monday, June 10th 2013 at 8:11 pm
Or ICBM stations with no manned personal, suddenly launching at the push of a button....

I can suspend my disbelief on most parts, but 'The Grid' suddenly restoring all power after 15 years of decay was a little hard to believe.

Certian power stations could have the ability to restore themselves, such as Hoover Dam (as its designed to run for up to 4 months without human interaction, and was shut down at the flip of the switch, so the systems could still be operational) but the idea that all the powerlines, transformers, local power relay stations were still operational enough to spread the power.... C'mon writers....

That was just a little bit beyond normal 'suspension of disbelief' that TV shows can sometimes require.

This season just failed to live up to what it really could have been. But I still enjoy the show, and am hoping they notice all the flaws of season 1, and make sure to correct them for season 2. Revolution has so much potential.... if they can just pick one single direction, and stick with it. Stop introducing characters, just to kill them. Stop flipping characters from evil to good, to evil, to good...

That said, I'm still watching, and still going to tune into to Season 2.

Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host of 'Good Morning America'

Lara Spencer must really like her mornings early, or, at..

Netflix Announces First Spanish-Language Original Series

A few days ago Netflix announced they would raise prices (eventually) on..

Review: ‘Bad Teacher’ Offers the Perfect Blend of Heart and Humor

Class is in session! If you’re looking for a fluffy,..