Login or register  
TV
Rock Star => Forum Index => Week01 - Performance Show
RJ-Viewer

Level 12 (97%)
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 5th 2006 at 8:36 pm
Hey, did anyone watch the show? Okay, all you west coasties are still watching. What did you think?

I predict the bottom three will all be guys. The girls were way strong. I could see the fellows all being eliminated first! That would be fun.:}
RJ-Viewer

Level 12 (97%)
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, July 9th 2006 at 10:45 am
Okay since no one else pasted any remarks, I'll discuss the elimination show here.

I was surprised that Matt was in the bottom three, because I thought he did a fine job and has the vocal range they complained about some of the others (Chris) not having. After Chris led off the sequence, conveniently setting the bar so low that the other two only had to put out a solid performance to move on, Matt elected to do a Duran Duran song.

Now, if he completely rocked the song, did more of a hard rock/metal version, he might have looked like a musical genious. Keep in mind that JD got kudos for singing a Mamas & the Pappas song, and Marty kicked adz on a Britney Spears song in season one. The fact that Matt didn't really change the song, maybe did it in a different key or something, but essentially it was still a Duran Duran song. They told him to do something, he didn't do it, he got kicked to the curb.

In season one, Wil was a superior performer to some of the people who lasted longer, but they told him to do something and he didn't do it.

Move on.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the people who had good performances in week one do when they have to do different songs. I'll be surprised if Lukas doesn't suck when he has to do non-Billy Idol material.

Tumble - Final Results

The final of Tumble has taken place tonight on BBC one with the public deciding who should be crowned the..

EastEnders Actor John Bardon Has Died Aged 75

‘EastEnders’ star John Bardon has died at the age of 75. The actor is best known..

Exclusive: Eric Campbell Discusses Tonight's Episode of ABC Australia's Foreign Correspondent

In the episode of 'Foreign..