TV
Scrubs => Forum Index => Season 8
holophonor
(Forum Moderator)

Level 43 (58%)
Mood: dizzy
Since: 30/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 6th 2009 at 10:32 pm
Did anyone watch tonight's two episodes? I thought they were great! If this is any indication of how the rest of the season is going to go, I'm very excited. There's an interesting interview with the creator, Bill Lawrence, here about this season (warning: spoilers).

Courteney Cox's character didn't bug me like I thought she would. I loved her comment about killing spiders. The new interns are good, too. Lots of laughs in both episodes, but the second one had me crying at the end.
Mystical
(The Covenant)

Level 67 (4%)
Since: 24/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 6th 2009 at 10:58 pm
Woah, I am impressed, the show wasn't that great in season seven in my opinion, but I loved the first two episodes, lets just hope they keep this up
btw, great to finally get to watch some fresh episodes, been waiting a long time
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 at 8:26 am
I thought they were pretty good episodes. I was pleasantly surprised by Courteney Cox and loved the spider part too. Hopefully the Janitor will be back. I want one of those keys that opens everything.

Ted had the best line of the night: "One's for when I'm sad and the other's for when I'm very sad."
AshleyNoir

Level 15 (96%)
Mood: Blue
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 at 4:15 pm
I loved the episodes (and Z.Braff's facial fair too!) The Janitor has to come back. Carla didn't have a lot of screen time for some reason. Does anyone know why? Courtney Cox was great as the new Chief of Medicine. The second episode made me cry. Scrubs hasn't had a really touching episode in a couple seasons, if not longer.
rsetter3

Level 13 (31%)
Mood: rushed
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 at 6:48 pm
Quote:
Carla didn't have a lot of screen time for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Well, besides JD and Turk, and I guess Jordan, none of the regulars were in the second episode. That's because (from what I remember) the move to ABC also came with some budget cuts. One of those budgets were that every single regular character would be absent from two episodes this season.

As for Carla, not positive, but I think the switch to ABC also meant that the cast, specifically her, are not getting paid as much as they were on NBC. I remember reading that somewhere, so there ya go.

I also read that this will indeed be the last season. For real this time! So enjoy!
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 at 7:20 pm
On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 4:15 pm, AshleyNoir wrote:
The second episode made me cry. Scrubs hasn't had a really touching episode in a couple seasons, if not longer.

Yeah, it reminded me of the episode where Nurse Roberts dies. That perfect balance of tragedy and humor.
Skrypek

Level 3 (38%)
Mood: lazy
Since: 09/Jul/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 at 11:54 pm
On another note: I like that they finally went widescreen and HD.
Mystical
(The Covenant)

Level 67 (4%)
Since: 24/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, January 8th 2009 at 6:54 am
On Wednesday, January 7th 2009 11:54 pm, Skrypek wrote:
On another note: I like that they finally went widescreen and HD.

Agreed.
colakid12
(Section 31)

Level 9 (79%)
Mood: Jedi
Since: 22/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, January 8th 2009 at 10:48 pm
I thought they we're really good. Here's hoping for the J.D. / Cox hug in the series finale.

Bret Harrison, Aaron McCusker Join ABC’s ‘Astronaut Wives Club’

We have lift off -- two more actors are blasting off into the..

‘Salem’ EXCLUSIVE: Shane West, Janet Montgomery Chat Playing Love Interests, Heroes & Villains

All week I’ve presented insight..

New 'True Blood' Season 7 Teaser Promises Lord of the Fangs

While many of us have most likely slipped into a post-Easter..