Login or register
TV
Smallville => Forum Index => Batman
Shade

Level 9 (9%)
Mood: anxious
Since: 28/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, January 3rd 2007 at 1:44 pm
Has Bruce Wayne or Batman ever appeared in this show at all?
Mystical
(The Covenant)

Level 67 (4%)
Since: 24/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, January 4th 2007 at 3:41 pm
Well I am no expert, but from what I can remember, no he has not.
Cokebeard

Level 42 (52%)
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, January 4th 2007 at 9:22 pm
he has not made an appearance. there was talk of bruce wayne being in season 3 by the producers, but it never came to be.
WiseCrack
(Global Moderator)

Level 44 (6%)
Mood: introverted
Since: 25/Nov/05
Message Posted On Saturday, January 6th 2007 at 6:43 pm
I don't think they got the rights for him so they used Green Arrow instead.
Shade

Level 9 (9%)
Mood: anxious
Since: 28/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 9th 2007 at 9:09 pm
Damn, Batman is much cooler than Green Arrow. Bruce Wayne could easily fit into the series. I can see it now:

Bruce comes to smallville to do buiness with Lex, he meets Clark breifly while Clark is visting the mansion. And then somehow they both get invovled with doing there hero thing.
matol

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 24/Feb/07
Message Posted On Saturday, February 24th 2007 at 3:51 pm
I think Batman will appear in Smallville . As you see Queen (Green Arrow) kind starts the Justice League and from what i remember in the last episode wher we see him he leaves to in Gotham City for bussniss.
Sorry for my bad english
Darth_Mole

Level 1 (28%)
Since: 01/Sep/06
Message Posted On Monday, April 23rd 2007 at 5:37 am
Part of me would love to see Bruce Wayne in the show. It would be nice for that to happen but I am not sure they will go that way. Obviously the Justice League plot has brought in quite a few of the other members.

That would raise the question of who would play the young Bruce Wayne?
helpmegetpissed

Level 3 (92%)
Since: 20/Nov/05
Message Posted On Thursday, May 17th 2007 at 6:04 pm
bruce wont be coming in,...They tried form the start but due to batman begans movie and the batman the copy write to batman is being blocked off..till thebatman cartoon is over.
LordOpie

Level 2 (99%)
Since: 10/May/07
Message Posted On Thursday, May 17th 2007 at 6:39 pm
On Saturday, February 24th 2007 3:51 pm, matol wrote:
As you see Queen (Green Arrow) kind starts the Justice League...

yup. He officially started it, but the first time Aquaman showed up, that episode ended...

AC: Clark, we made a pretty good team. Maybe we should form the "Junior Lifeguard Association".
CK: I don't think I'm quite ready to join the JLA.

loved that episode.

bimal

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 01/Feb/08
Message Posted On Friday, February 1st 2008 at 4:48 am
Batman has appeared in literally thousands of stories, and not all of these are ... Nevertheless, Batman is not known to have ever overtly identified himself
Character_Man

Level 1 (19%)
Since: 28/Sep/07
Message Posted On Tuesday, February 12th 2008 at 3:54 pm
Here is the only close way see Batman footage in Smallville: Tv Series

1. Season 5, Episode Vengeance - Woman is known as "Angel of Vengeance" is very similar close to "Catwoman".

2. Season 6, Episode Arrow - As long Batman/Young Bruce Wayne doesn't have a shot enter into Smallville because of "Batman Begins Movies Series" owns the rights for the Young Bruce Wayne/Batman story. So, Smallville: Tv Series brings in a replacer hero also part of the team to Justice League who is "Oliver Queen host of The Green Arrow" fill in that character spot similar ways to Batman/Bruce Wayne would be like if he was in Smallville meet with your home town "Clark Kent".

3. Season 7, Episode Siren, - As long Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow is in the spot role similar to Batman/Bruce Wayne in Smallville. He sure does need a sidekick help him along with his hero work, and also his team-mates part of the "Justice Leaguers" as well. So, The Black Canary step on board into Smallville join the whole gang. Well, I guess Oliver being very similar ways to Batman/Bruce Wayne, That makes the Black Canary be in the spot roles similar ways to "Batgirl" or "Batwoman".

4. Season 7, Episode Fracture - Wow! I guess "Michael Rosenbaum" as grown out another character while being as Lex Luthor in Smallville again. He will make a turn fileing acting so much similar to The Joker in this weeks episode of Smallville. So, that's means Lex Luthor's mother "Lillian Luthor" will probaby be similar to The Joker's sidekick who is "Harley Quinn".
wickedmermaid

Level 1 (74%)
Since: 11/Sep/08
Message Posted On Saturday, September 20th 2008 at 3:08 am
"technically" any superhero that had his/her own book (comic) could not be in the Justice League of America, they could only be honorary members - Batman and Superman were the first honorary members. this was so the public could get to know the lesser known heroes and so they could rotate new members in (when a member got their own comic they had to go) ... maybe this is part of why Clark has been hesitating?

*remember this all started with the Justice SOCIETY ... the Justice League came later
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League

original members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter.

more recognizable characters: Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, Black Canary, Captain Marvel, Plastic Man and dozens of others.

i have never heard of martian hunter... but this is all a bit before my time, i never read the comics but i did watch Superfriends on tv when i was a kid

notes of interest:
> so Green Arrow did not start the JLA...
> where is Wonder Woman? although for a long time in the comics apparently she was only a secretary (???) it would be cool to have an invisible jet flying around Smallville :-)
> Green Arrow had a sidekick SPEEDY(an orphan he adopted) who struggled with a heroin addiction (1970s) and Black Canary was Green Arrow's girlfriend... could be interesting stories for Smallville...

the Black Canary has the howling scream to incapacitate her enemies right? is she the girl that was working with Aquaman and Green arrow to find Clark in the Season Opener?

anyways just thought i would share the info this thread inspired me to read up on
melee82

Level 1
Since: 15/Nov/08
Message Posted On Saturday, November 15th 2008 at 1:53 pm
Because Batman brings in so much $ on its own for DC, they won't give up rights. But I think it'd be cool if Clark and Oliver were at a party or something and met a "Bruce" who happened to be in town on business. They don't even have to mention Batman! Everyone in the 'know' would just get it!
itismee

Level 3 (62%)
Mood: jedi
Since: 06/Sep/08
Message Posted On Sunday, November 16th 2008 at 4:57 am
On Saturday, November 15th 2008 1:53 pm, melee82 wrote:
Because Batman brings in so much $ on its own for DC, they won't give up rights. But I think it'd be cool if Clark and Oliver were at a party or something and met a "Bruce" who happened to be in town on business. They don't even have to mention Batman! Everyone in the 'know' would just get it!

that would be pointless...
VixenofVenus

Level 1 (70%)
Mood: drained
Since: 09/Nov/08
Message Posted On Monday, November 17th 2008 at 1:54 am
I dunno, I think a scene like this would be cool. Not useful to the story line at all, but most of their references to other comic characters aren't useful, just FUN:

Clark needs to talk to Oliver and interrupts a meeting he's having with a dashing guy in a suit. Oliver apologizes for Clark's interruption, "Sorry about the interruption Bruce, my plaid-wearing friend here grew up on a farm. We'll have to discuss the Gotham City Charity Ball another time."

No mention of Batman or Wayne, but it's a dude named Bruce from Gotham City who is probably rich to be involved in Charity work and meeting with Oliver, so we all get the reference. Plus we get to see Oliver making fun of Clark in front of Batman ... what could be better!?

On Saturday, September 20th 2008 3:08 am, wickedmermaid wrote:
The Black Canary has the howling scream to incapacitate her enemies right? is she the girl that was working with Aquaman and Green arrow to find Clark in the Season Opener?

Yes, although that's not the first time we saw her. She had her OWN episode entitled "Siren" in Season Seven where she was hired by Lex to kill the Green Arrow, but instead Clark and Oliver convince her that Lex is the real criminal. She then joins Oliver's team. Her name in this incarnation of the Black Canary starts when Chloe says she thinks they should call her "The Yellow Canary", but Clark thinks she seems more like a "Black Canary".

Sigmund Freud to Get TV Treatment from 'Downton Abbey' Producer and 'X-Files' Scribe

A "Freudian slip" takes on a..

This 'Normal Heart' Trailer Will Tug at Your Heartstrings

We all knew Ryan Murphy's HBO’s adaptation of Larry..

Michelle Obama Books a Cameo on 'Nashville'

Prepare yourselves, y'all, because it looks like the First Lady is headed..