Southland => Forum Index => NBC Cancels Southland
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Thursday, October 8th 2009 at 5:50 pm
From The Futon Critic:

Quote:
NBC has canceled its police drama "Southland" - two weeks before it was scheduled to return.

Production has been shut down after six episodes and the completed installments are being shelved for the foreseeable future. Current Friday, 9:00/8:00c occupant "Dateline NBC" will continue to fill "Southland's" intended home for the time being.

THR.com broke the news this afternoon, which has subsequently been confirmed to the site by Peacock sources.

"Southland" had originally been set to launch its second season on September 25 before being pushed to October 23.

The show's rocky road started at the TCA Summer Press Tour back in August, when NBC entertainment chief Angela Bromstad admitted they planned to retool the show.

The following month, incoming co-star Amaury Nolasco was let go and replaced by another new character, to be played by Clifton Collins.

It's not clear if producer Warner Bros. Television plans to shop the series to other outlets.

Damn. I was looking forward to the show coming back. Stupid primetime Leno.
Rebelman

Level 14 (92%)
Since: 14/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, October 9th 2009 at 2:50 pm
Stupid primtime? There excuse was "too gritty for 9pm" have they ever wached house at 8PM? Drug abuse sounds gritty to me. Have they watched Married with Children back in its day? That's pretty gritty. Have they watched Bones? Skin falling off and nasty looking dead things, thats at 8.

I think its a bad excuse and they just don't want to pay for it. They lost Medium for similar excuses as well. NBC is just a really bad network.
Tekzel

Level 1 (5%)
Since: 28/Jan/09
Message Posted On Sunday, November 1st 2009 at 9:13 pm
Damn, that sucks. Southland was a great show and, unlike most shows, grabbed me right on the first episode. This was a bad decision by idiots who shouldn't run a shoe store much less a network.

Martin Scorsese to Direct HBO 'Shutter Island' Pilot

HBO has its eye on a new television series that will be based on the..

Warner Bros. TV in Talks to Revive 'Full House'

It has been almost twenty years since ‘Full House’ went off the air,..

WATCH: ‘Friends’ Stars Reunite In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live' Skit

If you were a fan of ‘Friends,’ (and let’s be serious, who..