Login or register
TV
Spartacus: War of the Damned => Forum Index => For those who've seen the 1960s movie.
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Monday, March 5th 2012 at 3:45 am
Have the writers of the show address this question:

"After watching the 1960s movie we know that Spartacus dies at the end along with a whole bunch of his followers. Since we know he is doomed, is there really any point in watching the show"

And I ask this as someone who loves the show and am there till the end. I'm just curious if the makers have an answer to this.

Maybe the ending isn't set or maybe I'm wrong about his fate, or maybe they could change things - his death being something put out by the Romans as misinformation.
nessadog

Level 1
Since: 31/Mar/12
Message Posted On Saturday, March 31st 2012 at 4:03 pm
Even though in the 1960 film with kirk douglas spartacus and most of his men get crucified in reality there is no actual record of what hapened to him.They were defeated in battle with the romans and six thousand survivors were crucified but spartacuses body was never found.It is presumed that he perished in battle along with his men so this leaves the producers of the show with poetic license to do what ever they want with the ending.We shall just have to wait and see what happens.
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, February 12th 2013 at 1:53 pm
^ I'm all embarassed. (and not just cos I can't spell embarassed).

I pose a question, then it takes me almost a year to check back for an answer !!! - I suck.

though am that what I thought was going to be the ending, might just not be the ending.

'Arrested Development's Mitch Hurwitz Signs Multi-Year Deal With Netflix

In a first of its kind move for Netflix, the..

Netflix Planning to Increase Subscription Prices

In a move that will no doubt lead to torrents of Internet backlash, Netflix..

Meg Ryan to Narrate 'How I Met Your Dad'

With the controversial series finale of long-running sitcom 'How I Met Your..