Login or register  
TV
Star Trek: The Next Generation => Forum Index => Be Smart, Paramount!!!
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Since: 01/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, January 2nd 2006 at 9:53 pm
Nemesis was good, but it ain't no farewell for the TNG crew. And Patrick Stewart said he will play Picard again, and I'm sure the whole cast will do it too. So why don't you scrap the prequel movie and give them a better farewell after all they've done for you? And get Nicholas Meyer back too.
Checkmate

Level 4 (84%)
Since: 27/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 2nd 2006 at 10:53 pm
I know I haven't really been paying attention to what has been happening with Star Trek movies lately, but I take it one is in the works? I fail to see the point of doing a prequel to TNG. I thought they made the link between the original Star Trek and TNG nicely in Star Trek: Generations. What am I missing here?
avstars

Level 8 (40%)
Since: 01/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, January 2nd 2006 at 11:05 pm
On Monday, January 2nd 2006 10:53 pm, Checkmate wrote:
I know I haven't really been paying attention to what has been happening with Star Trek movies lately, but I take it one is in the works? I fail to see the point of doing a prequel to TNG. I thought they made the link between the original Star Trek and TNG nicely in Star Trek: Generations. What am I missing here?

After Enterprise was cancelled, Paramount immediately announced a plan of the 11th movie, a prequel to TOS but taking place after Enterprise. Then there was a hot rumor of a time traveling film that will bring Picard, Kirk, and Archer together. But the only certain thing is Picard is willing to do one more Trek film.
theimortal

Level 1 (3%)
Since: 22/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 22nd 2006 at 1:18 am
i don't know if i can handle a movie without data. he was my favorite character.
theimortal

Level 1 (3%)
Since: 22/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 22nd 2006 at 1:19 am
that is if they do another tng era movie i meant
Checkmate

Level 4 (84%)
Since: 27/Nov/05
Message Posted On Monday, January 23rd 2006 at 6:59 pm
That it would but if it ment another movie even without him i would still watch it.
tvphile

Level 1 (46%)
Since: 15/Feb/07
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 24th 2007 at 12:26 am
Generations was painful. You can see the potential there for a good story, but there are some unforgivable things that ruin it. Kirk's meaningless death being the most obvious problem. No Spock, at all.

NBC Developing Horror Anthology Series

Could it be? Could the horror anthology genre be finally ready to return to network..

Netflix Orders Two Seasons of Judd Apatow Comedy

Netflix is looking a few years into the future with its latest deal. The online..

David Walliams and Jessica Raine To Star in new adaptation of Agatha Christie's Partners In Crime

Today BBC One have announced they will be..