||John Connor, played by Thomas Dekker
- Born in 1984 to parents Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese
- He was first targeted by a T-1000 in 1997 when he was only 13 years old, only to be defended by the same model that once tried to kill his mother.
- While his mother was in the institution he lived with his foster parents, Tod and Janelle Voight, they were killed by the T-1000.
- When Sarah was in the institution she was going to sign over her parental rights, he found out eary on in the first season.
- After John's protector defeated the T-1000 it was time for him to say goodbye to the only father figure he ever had left, as it was the only way to avoid judgment day.
- In 1998 John had another father figure in his life; Charlie Dixon. Only, their new family is destroyed when Sarah gets suspicious and they leave.
- In their new town John gets targeted on his first day by Cromartie; a new terminator set out to destroy him, only to his advantage Cameron; his protector, is there to save him and his destiny.
- Cameron brings Sarah and John to a bank where they travel ten years to the future.
- John must now deal with the trials of staying alive and going to high school, while having a strange sister following him everywhere.
- Later in the first season John was introduced to Derek Reese, his uncle, and in the finale met his father; only he was a child.
- John is one day destined to become the resistance leader and take down Skynet.