Login or register  
TV
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles => Forum Index => What are the Rumours re: Series Renewal?
sAclvFJOUZ

Level 3 (91%)
Since: 16/Mar/06
Message Posted On Friday, April 10th 2009 at 5:48 am
What's the scuttlebut? Are there any whispers from FOX hinting at life beyond season two?
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Friday, April 10th 2009 at 7:05 am
I don't think it's been decided yet by FOX, but it's not looking good ratings-wise. However, I noticed the last episode of the season is being advertised as the season finale rather than series finale, so that might be a good sign.
zwixxx

Level 7 (3%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Saturday, April 11th 2009 at 4:48 am
Aren't they waiting to see re: success of the Terminator film before committing themselves one-way-or-another.

Just finished last ep and it was a cracker.
sAclvFJOUZ

Level 3 (91%)
Message Posted On Saturday, April 11th 2009 at 5:05 am
Yep, I just finished the episode and it's a real heart-pounder. It'd be sad to end it there.
zwixxx

Level 7 (3%)
Message Posted On Saturday, April 11th 2009 at 5:26 am
On Saturday, April 11th 2009 5:05 am, sAclvFJOUZ wrote:
Yep, I just finished the episode and it's a real heart-pounder. It'd be sad to end it there.

Sad yes, but not an overly/completely bad place to leave it. Season finale was kinda like an end of book 2 episode. If they were to bring it back, and I'm hoping they do , it would be in a completely(ish) different form - no longer TSCC but TJCC / TSCsC - or something along those lines.
Rebelman

Level 14 (90%)
Since: 14/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, April 11th 2009 at 1:05 pm
Its averaging 3.5 plus or minus viewers per night. They may wait to see but Fox is due to say what their fall lineup is very soon so that will probably when they will announce.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (23%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Sunday, April 12th 2009 at 10:34 pm
This show has had it's ups and down sometimes the story has been a mess not to mention slow to develop. This is one of those rare times where looking at everything you can't blame Fox for canceling a show. I hope it doesn't get canceled, but I wouldn't be surprised.
zwixxx

Level 7 (3%)
Message Posted On Thursday, April 16th 2009 at 11:20 am
On Saturday, April 11th 2009 5:26 am, zwixxx wrote:
If they were to bring it back, and I'm hoping they do , it would be in a completely(ish) different form - no longer TSCC but TJCC / TSCsC - or something along those lines.

Just read the blog thing from one of the writers / or whas it producers, anyway .... turns out there weren't gonna be 2 JCs in the future, guess I should really rewatch the ep.
sAclvFJOUZ

Level 3 (91%)
Message Posted On Thursday, April 16th 2009 at 3:27 pm
I feel as if TSCC was never given the opportunity to shine, ratings-wise. First, it was scheduled opposite established heavy hitters. And then it was sent to Fridays, where Fox sends shows to die. (Was it scheduled against Battlestar Galactica on Fridays? I don't recall if TSCC or Dollhouse had that unenviable slot.)

Second, I'm extremely dissatisfied with the Nielson ratings system. I've seen too many brain-dead, superficial, trash fests take top ratings for me to believe Nielson accurately represents viewers. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but we need a competitor to Nielson to either confirm or disprove.

Online & DVR viewings should be given equal weight to live viewings. And what about credit for DVD sales revenue. People aren't going to purchase Dancing with the Stars on DVD, but they sure will add a shows like TSCC and BSG to their DVD collections.

I can't shake the feeling that network decision-making is behind the times, that they're basing their renewal decisions on the same sort of data they did last century, without adequately valuing the alternate revenue streams a good genre series generates. Narrow focus on live viewing figures is an anachronism and hurts the quality of television programming. (And even the live viewing figures are suspect.)
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, April 16th 2009 at 3:49 pm
Nielson ratings are a joke now that people record shows more often and watch them online. Until they can measure all types of mediums, the ratings should be dropped.
Rebelman

Level 14 (90%)
Message Posted On Thursday, April 16th 2009 at 7:45 pm
They do. They also measure DVR recordings as well and "Hulu" as well. That is done weekly though to see what gets viewed the most.
Cokebeard

Level 42 (53%)
Mood: bored
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, April 17th 2009 at 4:21 am
On Thursday, April 16th 2009 3:27 pm, sAclvFJOUZ wrote:
I feel as if TSCC was never given the opportunity to shine, ratings-wise. First, it was scheduled opposite established heavy hitters. And then it was sent to Fridays, where Fox sends shows to die. (Was it scheduled against Battlestar Galactica on Fridays? I don't recall if TSCC or Dollhouse had that unenviable slot.)

no, neither tscc nor dollhouse was ever put against galactica (fox has no programing at 10pm). Fox, in there infinite wisdom actually tried to use some of the sci-fi's thunder and put it's two shows of that genre with it. since SF was only showing new episodes of any kind at 10, fox tried to leach hoping SF viewers would watch fox's shows before watching galactica.

fox is stupid yet again.
Rebelman

Level 14 (90%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 19th 2009 at 12:44 pm
This show is officially canceled.
MacDeacon
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (99%)
Mood: still waiting... even more disgruntled
Since: 05/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 19th 2009 at 7:40 pm
Boo!

The way they left the story was really interesting. I was hoping for a great alternate future next season.

Fox has a reputation for killing great shows. Firefly and John Doe are just a couple of the many victims.
Rebelman

Level 14 (90%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 19th 2009 at 10:24 pm
I told you it was canceled David, do you believe me now? Or do you need a link?
1 | 2

Harry Reid cast to play Ben Mitchell in EastEnders

Harry Reid has been cast to play bad boy Ben Mitchell in EastEnders and will..

Showtime Releases Homeland Season 4 Trailer; Homeland Premiere Date

Showtime just released a new teaser trailer for another action packed..

General Hospital Still Improving

Ratings for the Week of July 7-11, 2014 All of the soaps except Days Of Our Lives were up on the..