Login or register  
TV
The Big Bang Theory => Forum Index => 05x11 | The Speckerman Recurrence (Dec 08, 2011)
zwixxx

Level 7 (6%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Friday, December 9th 2011 at 12:22 pm
Episode discussion for: 05x11 | The Speckerman Recurrence (Dec 08, 2011)

Maybe it's just too late for the writers to do this, them being so far down the road (so to speak), but this ep did kinda bring home just how mean Sheldon is to Leonard - that scene in the bar being a prime example of his (for want of a better word) bullying of Leonard.
Hopefully the next ep will be about something else cos this one wasn't much fun, not much fun at all.
guytwo

Level 14 (87%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, December 9th 2011 at 1:15 pm
I agree! (and the high school bully should have been kicked out the door.)

Sheldon is mean to everyone, he has no social skills at all. Actually, maybe a better word might be "unaware of social protocol" which is supposed to be funny but is wearing thin. Maybe I'm getting tired of the show. Leonard's meek attitude is also getting old.

Is this my last year as a viewer?
Pentar
(Editor)

Level 67 (98%)
Mood: apathetic
Since: 12/Jan/08
Message Posted On Friday, December 9th 2011 at 8:19 pm
I am sure CBS wants to milk this show as long as possible, but do you realize Jim Parsons is almost 39 years old? I saw a recent interview with him on Ferguson and he joked how no one wants to see him play Sheldon when he is 50.
Mad_Buck
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 78 (8%)
Mood: morose
Since: 14/Oct/06
Message Posted On Saturday, August 24th 2013 at 8:45 pm
The only character of the five originals who has grown is Howard. He's gone from being an obnoxious walking hard-on to making an attempt at becoming a semi-decent human being. As for the others Penny is still a bimbo slacker, Leonard is still whiny and needy, Raj is still a befuddled fish out of water, and Sheldon is the proverbial egotistical jackass.

Sky Living Acquires 'Stalker'

'Stalker' the upcoming American series starring Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott has been..

Brian Van Holt Leaving 'Cougar Town' Early

As ‘Cougar Town’ prepares for its final season on TBS, news has emerged that..

Robert Sugden Returns to Emmerdale

Life in the Dales is about to be turned upside down for Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) as his..