Login or register  
TV
The Dresden Files => Forum Index => Sci-Fi Cancels Dresden
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Mood: None
Since: 29/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, August 3rd 2007 at 10:59 am
I am so pissed off about this. I have lost all faith in the Sci-Fi channel. Bonnie Hammer is the biggest idiot in the business. The b***h deliberately waited until the contracts expired so that another channel couldn't pick up the series and now the cast has moved on.

Bonnie Hammer

Thank you for ruining the Sci-Fi channel!
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, August 3rd 2007 at 6:47 pm
Kevin will be not happy about this..
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Friday, August 3rd 2007 at 9:14 pm
I'm not happy about this. It was a great show!
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, August 3rd 2007 at 9:58 pm
I understand. I've had my fair show of shows b***h-slapped before my eyes.
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 8th 2007 at 2:19 pm
On Friday, August 3rd 2007 6:47 pm, Ryan wrote:

No. I'm not. Although it doesn't hit me as hard as it does Nishi there, because I said from the beginning that my understanding of Sci-Fi was that they didn't really give shows a chance, or provide the necessary viewership. I've never watched Battlestar, but heard people use that as evidence of their giving a series a chance to get its footing, but I've still always had the impression they were flighty with shows, a la FOX.
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Saturday, August 11th 2007 at 9:56 pm
On Wednesday, August 8th 2007 2:19 pm, Siesser wrote:
On Friday, August 3rd 2007 6:47 pm, Ryan wrote:

No. I'm not. Although it doesn't hit me as hard as it does Nishi there, because I said from the beginning that my understanding of Sci-Fi was that they didn't really give shows a chance, or provide the necessary viewership. I've never watched Battlestar, but heard people use that as evidence of their giving a series a chance to get its footing, but I've still always had the impression they were flighty with shows, a la FOX.

Battlestar is their 'flagship' and some of the episodes of Dresden got better numbers. The reason I am so pissed off about this is actually much deeper then my love for Dresden. It's the constant insult of the channel itself.

Bonnie Hammer was quoted as saying she wanted to attract female viewers. What does she do? Wrestling on Sci Fi? PainkillerJane. Dumb ass B movies of the month? Then, to put salt in the wound, she actually gets a show with a lot of potential that attracted both genders and she doesn't even give it a chance. Dresden wasn't even given a full season.

I guess you can't be female and love Sci Fi.

Hell, I watch the Spike Channel more then I do Sci Fi anymore. Reruns of Next Gen and Voyager.
LordOpie

Level 2 (99%)
Since: 10/May/07
Message Posted On Saturday, August 11th 2007 at 10:24 pm
On Saturday, August 11th 2007 9:56 pm, nishikaze wrote:
Bonnie Hammer was quoted as saying she wanted to attract female viewers. What does she do? Wrestling on Sci Fi? PainkillerJane. Dumb ass B movies of the month? Then, to put salt in the wound, she actually gets a show with a lot of potential that attracted both genders and she doesn't even give it a chance. Dresden wasn't even given a full season.

I guess you can't be female and love Sci Fi.

Hell, I watch the Spike Channel more then I do Sci Fi anymore. Reruns of Next Gen and Voyager.

she's the biggest fvcking retard in the history of TV... or she has some secret agenda.

Cuz the female, 25-45 demographic scored higher with Dresden Files than any other show in SciFi history. Then 'they' were quoted as saying that they're advertising were focusing on 12-30 yo guys and didn't know how to market to the demo that they got.

WTF?

Women in that age group with money has to be the easiest demo ever.

No, something fvckin' fishy is going on at SciFi network. Something more devious and suspicious than the Iraq war.

And i wanna fvcking know!
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Saturday, August 11th 2007 at 10:53 pm
I'm glad you see it too! They are forcing the women out! We loved this show, and look what they did!

It's sexist! Women like Sci-Fi too! Hell, I was weened on old school Sci Fi and I'm a second generation Trekker! I'm in it for the long haul. Why would they want to alienate me?

Did I mention it was my mother who got me into Sci Fi?
LordOpie

Level 2 (99%)
Message Posted On Saturday, August 11th 2007 at 11:11 pm
On Saturday, August 11th 2007 10:53 pm, nishikaze wrote:
Did I mention it was my mother who got me into Sci Fi?

A girlfriend in High School was the one who turned me onto SciFi. She got me into Trek and took me to a convention at Disney World where I met Marina Sirtis of TNG.

Women are totally into SciFi and want more than the 'scifi' that Lifetime can offer

ARG! I'm frustrated and going to bed.

Did I mention that SciFi can take a sulfuric acid enema and flush themselves of the crap they broadcast?
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Sunday, August 12th 2007 at 12:32 pm
You know... You post the most creative disses. No wonder you were kicked off tv.com!

There is still a campaign to renew Dresden (on a different channel). It's on the guide.
LordOpie

Level 2 (99%)
Message Posted On Sunday, August 12th 2007 at 12:34 pm
On Sunday, August 12th 2007 12:32 pm, nishikaze wrote:

There is still a campaign to renew Dresden (on a different channel). It's on the guide.

awesome, but who will play Dresden? Would they start from scratch?
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Sunday, August 12th 2007 at 3:55 pm
No... just because he's on a new show doesn't mean he can't a.) do both or b.) that the new series will be a hit and will carry past the second season.
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Monday, August 13th 2007 at 12:38 pm
Maybe NBC will take it up? There's nothing else like that show in primetime, aside from maybe Supernaturual (which I've never seen, so if it's NOT like it, forgive the comparison). Granted, they probably have less desire and time to "work" with a show than Sci-Fi should, but still; put it on right before or after HEROES or something, and you'll have a little Sci-Fi night. I'm already impressed with a lot of their fall line-up coming this year.
Floorgasm

Level 25 (42%)
Since: 15/Nov/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 15th 2007 at 10:49 am
On Saturday, August 11th 2007 9:56 pm, nishikaze wrote:
Bonnie Hammer was quoted as saying she wanted to attract female viewers. What does she do? Wrestling on Sci Fi? PainkillerJane.

That's been cancelled now.
nishikaze

Level 24 (24%)
Message Posted On Wednesday, August 15th 2007 at 4:35 pm
What has? PainkillmeJane? The last I heard it was picked up for a second season. Wrestling? It didn't belong on the station anyway.
1 | 2