Login or register  
TV
The Job => Forum Index => Denis Leary's roles
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, May 12th 2006 at 9:08 am
I have yet to see "Rescue Me", but I hear that Denis Learly plays pretty much the same character in that show as he does in his role as Mike McNeil in "The Job".

If you've seen both shows, could you say what you think about this?
Peekaboo

Level 14 (41%)
Since: 16/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, May 12th 2006 at 11:05 am
Pretty much. He's a crude, womanizing tough guy with some serious problems (alcohol etc.)

I love both shows. They both have such great characters, storylines and lots of both very sad and funny moments. I really can't wait for Rescue Me's third season. You should check it out as soon as possible
rebecca70111

Level 5 (40%)
Since: 19/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, May 12th 2006 at 5:12 pm
He is typecast as that cynical, satirical, crude, womanizer, alcoholic... it's what he does best and he'd pretty damn good at it. And I think to a point, his fans expect to see that. That being said..

However, Rescue Me is a really great and at times biting drama that I think is Leary's best body of work. Where it can be humorous at times, you will see a dramatic side to him that you probably haven't seen before. If you haven't seen it and you even remotely like Leary, you should make a point to see it.

Rescue Me/Leary has been nominated for the Satellite Award for Outstanding Actor, Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Drama and an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a TV Drama. Sadly not winning any but still the recognition of being nominated in both seasons of it's existence.

Speaking of Leary, he will be on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show this coming week if you want to catch one of his appearances.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Friday, May 12th 2006 at 10:48 pm
I do love what I've seen of it. "The Job" is one of my favorite shows, and it was really because of him. But I heard that "Rescue Me" is much darker than "The Job", which sounds kind of intriguing. As serious as "The Job" could be at times, it's still a brilliant comedy.

I still don't understand why they took it off the air so quickly.
guytwo

Level 14 (92%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, April 1st 2007 at 5:46 pm
To late for you to see this probably, but your public library may have "Rescue Me" on DVD.