Login or register  
TV
The O'Reilly Factor => Forum Index => Fair and Balanced?
Dominus

Level 21 (11%)
Mood: Dedicated
Since: 29/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, July 2nd 2006 at 6:53 pm
So, does anybody on this site actually think The O’Reilly Factor is fair and balanced? I have a feeling KingJohn will say yes, though I’m trying to figure out what other people think. I’ve been watching this show for quite some time and I honestly don’t think the show is either fair or balanced; I’ve seldom seen Bill criticize conservatives, yet he constantly bashes liberals on a regular basis. There have been plenty of other things that he’s done that just haven’t been all too fair, which really irks me, as Bill constantly claims he’s an Independent and that he treats everybody the same.

Somebody actually recorded the number of attacks, on both people and groups, on both the left and the right that took place on The O’Reilly Factor over the past six months. Below was their results, though feel free to check out the transcripts of the episodes themselves if you don’t believe them.

Study Wrote:
Final Totals for the 6 months from January of 2006 to June of 2006 -

Total attacks on left leaning groups for 2006 - 221
Total attacks on left leaning persons for 2006 - 238

Total attacks on right leaning groups for 2006 - 0
Total attacks on right leaning persons for 2006 - 7

I may have more to say on this issue, though I’m waiting to see if anybody will reply to this before I bother putting too much more thought into it.
cindy
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 58 (16%)
Since: 12/Jan/06
Message Posted On Sunday, July 2nd 2006 at 8:48 pm
No, you're correct, of course Bill is not "fair and balanced". He's definitely a conservative.

My assumption, when he claims he's being "fair and balanced", is that he thinks there is a "liberal media bias" (as many conservatives claim there is) and that he's being "fair and balanced" by trying to counter it. But again, that's just my assumption.
KingJohn23

Level 27 (71%)
Mood: handsome
Since: 08/Dec/05
Message Posted On Monday, July 3rd 2006 at 2:16 pm
On Sunday, July 2nd 2006 6:53 pm, The_Huntsman wrote:
So, does anybody on this site actually think The O’Reilly Factor is fair and balanced? I have a feeling KingJohn will say yes, though I’m trying to figure out what other people think.

Bill is definitely more conservative than he is liberal. It's obvious from just watching the show. But he does lean to the left sometimes. He supports civil unions, gun control, and in come cases supports affirmative action. He seems to support the death penalty as of late, but I can remember older shows in which he was against it.

I have always enjoyed his show and that's enough for me. Even when I disagree with him, it's still a good show to watch.

Rich Hall Chasing the Californian Dream

BBC Four has announced a new Rich Hall documentary 'Rich Hall's California Stars' will air..

Rhod Gilbert has been revealed as the new Never Mind The Buzzcocks host

Rhod Gilbert has been named as the new full-time host of BBC Two..

Doctor Who - New Series Leak

Parts of five different scripts from the new series of Doctor Who have been leaked online, before..