TV
The Twilight Zone => Forum Index => The Osolete Man
alley

Level 2
Mood: aggravated
Since: 22/Jul/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 13th 2008 at 5:48 pm
The Osolete Man

You know ..I remember watching this episode many years ago and thinking how strange it was. But now seeing what America has become with all of these ridiculous laws, fines, the removal of God, and political corectness ... I can actually see this sort of thing happening.

Could Rod Sterling see into the future?

marvelfan89

Level 6 (25%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 13th 2008 at 9:00 pm
You mean the Obsolete man but Serling was definitely a guy in tune into what America was becoming and had a keen perception of things. At least he was brilliant and knew very well how human nature especially in this country

There's an interview with I think with Mike Wallace with Serling on Youtube somewhere about the Twilight Zone.
alley

Level 2
Mood: aggravated
Since: 22/Jul/06
Message Posted On Sunday, January 13th 2008 at 11:54 pm
Cool ... yeah ..I guess I made a typo. maybe the mods can correct that for me.
Thanks for your input marvel.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (25%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Monday, January 14th 2008 at 2:13 am
Welcome. I will always make input on this site so feel free to mention as many Zone episodes as you like. Have you seen the Serling interview? Just saw it again it is with Mike Wallace it's from 1959 it's still on Youtube and in two parts. If you type in "Rod Serling Interview" you'll see it.

It's really worth a look, I'am not sure if it's on any of the TZ DVDS.

You mean the political correctness and that really is what separates Serling from a lot of writers. In the interview Serling talks about how writers tend to pander to the network and become censored. He had guts and that's admirable about this guy besides his genius. He didn't pander to one side which is what we see much today which explains why we see so much crap on TV and Movies today not too mention what we see on the news..

The latter half of the interview Serling does talk about the Zone and how he has great pride in making it.

Rita Ora Joins The Voice UK

Rita Ora has today been confirmed as the fourth Coach on the upcoming fourth series of 'The Voice' in..

'QI' Returning October 3rd

QI will kick off it's twelfth series on Friday, October 3rd at 10pm, the BBC have confirmed..

MTV Announce 2014 EMA Nominees

Today MTV have announced the nominees for this years 'EMA' awards. The show celebrates music from..