Login or register  
TV
The Universe: Ancient Mysteries Solved => Forum Index => 05x03 | Magnetic Storm (Aug 12, 2010)
Oblivion165

Level 2 (28%)
Since: 29/Sep/08
Message Posted On Saturday, August 14th 2010 at 2:27 pm
Episode discussion for: 05x03 | Magnetic Storm (Aug 12, 2010)

Definitely not their best episode. They had to show the same CGI clips and present the same information over and over again.

Not to mention this is a very old subject and everyone should already be informed about it by now.
rickst29

Level 1 (2%)
Since: 23/Sep/10
Message Posted On Friday, September 24th 2010 at 12:10 am
Oblivion, I agree with you about the "same old clips" problem: It's become a really annoying habit in a lot of the science-oriented A&E shows. The same bulging "red giant" CGI, with the exact same narration, appeared almost 10 times in tonight's premier of 05x08, "Dark future of the Sun". Maybe they do so that other networks, with more advertisers, can cut out all of these chunks and replace them with ads -- easily, with no disruption of the show content.

But I hate it. HEY A&E: If you want to leave empty, content-free space for future advertising, please just give us a lengthy "teaser" for some other show at the end. (Ending the show at the 55:00 minute mark.) Or, if you can sell it as advertising, please do so- I'd much, MUCH rather see another advertisement instead. It's

AMC Announce New Walking Dead Spin-Off

According to a TV-Line spokesperson, the cable series Walking Dead is getting a spin-off...

Stand Up To Cancer: Interview with Prof Peter Johnson, Chief Clinician, Cancer Research UK

Professor Peter Johnson is Cancer Research UK’s..

BBC Three Announces Cast For 'Tatau'

BBC Three have announced the cast for drama series, ‘Tatau’. Joe Layton will..