Login or register  
TV
The X Factor (US) => Forum Index => Season 2 Info
PureMaria

Level 26 (73%)
Mood: amused
Since: 20/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 3:12 pm
According to E!News, Paula, Nicole and the Steve(the host for those that forgot lol), will not be on the show next season due to their contracts not being renewed. More info here. What are your thoughts?

I think it's stupid for Simon to get rid of Paula! The other 2 can go, but the reason I even watched was to see Paula and Simon together. Simon is great, but he really didn't have that much impact on the show to keep me watching. This also goes for LA. I like LA Reid, more than I like Randy on Idol, but he really didn't interest me. Keep Paula, and get rid of Nicole and Steve! This is just my opinion.
Ben21
(Site Moderator)

Level 186 (11%)
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 3:18 pm
On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 3:12 pm, PureMaria wrote:
According to E!News, Paula, Nicole and the Steve(the host for those that forgot lol), will not be on the show next season due to their contracts not being renewed. More info here. What are your thoughts?

I think it's stupid for Simon to get rid of Paula! The other 2 can go, but the reason I even watched was to see Paula and Simon together. Simon is great, but he really didn't have that much impact on the show to keep me watching. This also goes for LA. I like LA Reid, more than I like Randy on Idol, but he really didn't interest me. Keep Paula, and get rid of Nicole and Steve! This is just my opinion.

They should have never got rid of Cheryl Cole. She made the UK show a hit and would of done the same for the American version.
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 5:25 pm
I'm not so shocked about Nicole, but Paula???? I don't care about Steve, though I know a lot of people didn't like him.

Do they not realize that Paula was the reason a lot of people tuned into this crap show?
PureMaria

Level 26 (73%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 10:35 pm
I wasn't really a fan of Cheryl Cole. I didn't even know who she was until I started watching X-Factor US. I guess if she was on more episodes I would change my opinion. I suppose it's not really fair to judge her since she was only on the first couple episodes. She seemed really kind, and not an airhead like Nicole. I liked Nicole, though, but I'm not really surprise she's getting the boot. She shouldn't be a judge. Steve was great to look at, and the accent was an even bigger plus, but he was sooooo boring. I'm not surprised about him either. Paula, on the other hand, should NOT be booted. I know she has to be pissed. They basically used her as an advertisement to get people to watch the show, due to her returning on TV with Simon Cowell, and now that the show didn't do as good as Simon expected he's booting her? What an ass. They better be getting some big names to judge or I won't be watching anymore.
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 10:42 pm
Perhaps Paula wanted more money or something. These things are always about money. I also think Cheryl Cole might return to season 2 and be the replacement for both Paula & Nicole. Who knows at this point. lol To be honest I didn't know who Cheryl was either until X-Factor US.

My last theory is, this is just another publicity stunt.

PureMaria

Level 26 (73%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 10:54 pm
I didn't think about that. Lol I feel as if they'd lose more viewers than gain, if this is a publicity stunt. They're already competing with "The Voice" and "Idol", if they p*** off anymore viewers then they might as well cancel the show now. Marketing isn't my strong suit. BTW, completely off-topic, but did J.Lo and Marc Anthony reunite? I thought this also was a publicity stunt for Idol. Lol
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Message Posted On Tuesday, January 31st 2012 at 11:11 pm
Nah I think its good for the show, you know so people can still talk about it.

I haven't heard of no JenMarc reunion. You never know with those two, it wouldn't be the 1st time they got back together.

AMC Announce New Walking Dead Spin-Off

According to a TV-Line spokesperson, the cable series Walking Dead is getting a spin-off...

Annual "Dempsey Challenge" Collects Over $1.1 Million for Cancer

Patrick Dempsey, 80s icon and star of 'Grey's..

'Two Broke Girls' Guest Stars (Press Release from CBS)

Victoria's Secret Supermodels Lily Aldridge and Martha Hunt to Guest..