Login or register
TV
Touch => Forum Index => 01x04 | Kite Strings (Apr 05, 2012)
Pentar
(The Covenant)

Level 67 (37%)
Mood: cold
Since: 12/Jan/08
Message Posted On Friday, April 6th 2012 at 3:14 pm
Episode discussion for: 01x04 | Kite Strings (Apr 05, 2012)

This show would make a great drinking game. Every time Kiefer calls out "Jake", take a drink. You would be looped quickly in this episode.

Why he bothers trying is beyond me, the kid never responds in any fashion.
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Friday, May 18th 2012 at 1:38 am

My drinking game was this: Everytime I feel like grabbing the kid by the shoulders and shaking the heck out of him until he says something rather than just standing their expecting me to figure things out, well everytime THAT happens I take a drink....... I had to watch the show via laptop in the booze aisle/isle(?) at my local Tescos, got thru 13 cases of sparkling wine before the cops dragged me off to jail.
tinalessia

Level 2 (57%)
Since: 12/Oct/07
Message Posted On Friday, May 18th 2012 at 11:20 pm
Let's try to remember he is AUTISTIC.. Dealing with Autism usually doesn't require one to shake the kid until you get a response. I am having a hard time with KS though. He made such a breakthrough in the first episode about listening to him, and how is is now paying attention. each time Jake seems to go off and do something else, KS gets frustrated... well if you're listening and if each episode leads to a mystery and beautiful conclusion then maybe just follow him without and questions or doubt.. Hello!!!!
I can only imagine what I would do if this were a real situation. I can't go too long without a hug from my daughter , a touch or a caress here and there. Saying all of this, I love the show
lordkinbote

Level 2 (40%)
Since: 25/Feb/08
Message Posted On Friday, May 25th 2012 at 8:00 am
This is also part of what frustrated me about it. The fact that he seemed to have this breakthrough at the beginning to understanding Jake, but then doesn't seem to listen to him in every subsequent episode and just chases after him, getting frustrated and stumbling around. If the kid moves or does something, it MEANS something to him, so try to figure it out. Even if he just faces in a certain direction and won't turn, that means something. It just seemed that progress wasn't being made and it got too frustrating to me, especially with the new seemingly random people every week.

‘Girl Meets World’ Is Welcoming Another ‘Boy Meets World’ Alum

Disney Channel’s ‘Boy Meets World’ revival/spin-off..

Netflix Planning to Increase Subscription Prices

In a move that will no doubt lead to torrents of Internet backlash, Netflix..

Sarah Chalke and Selma Blair Join Amazon Pilot 'Really'

According to Deadline, Amazon Studios has cast their new..