Login or register
TV
Traffic Light => Forum Index => 01x01 | Pilot (Feb 08, 2011)
guytwo

Level 14 (65%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, February 8th 2011 at 8:14 pm
Episode discussion for: 01x01 | Pilot (Feb 08, 2011)

Somewhat juvenile, better watch now before it's gone. I don't expect this show to last long unless it gets better quickly.
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Wednesday, February 9th 2011 at 3:06 pm
Wanted to love it cos of the English guy. But the thing that buged me, and which bugs me with many-many series, is that though I have no problem with strong female characters why-o-why is the man they they so often paired with portrayed as such a weak, underthethumb kinda way. It seems like having a man tell his wife what to do would be seen as a big throw back to the dark ages before women got the right to vote and all that, but it's just fine to have a woman ordering her man about, and for him to give a "yes dear" and just do it without a fuss.
guytwo

Level 14 (65%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, February 9th 2011 at 4:08 pm
I agree totally, men are dumb, juvenile, and childish in todays sitcom and this show is a perfect example. Why cannot a man ask his wife if it's ok to go out with the boys sometimes? I realize sneaking around has more comic element but it's becoming trite and tiresome and that's why I think this show is doomed.

‘Banshee’ Bumps Geno Segers and Afton Williamson to Series Regulars

It looks like Geno Segers and Afton Williamson’s roles on..

‘Terra Nova’s Stephen Lang to Play Seth Gabel’s Father on ‘Salem’

It’s been a week of ‘Salem’ news, and now there’s..

Gwen Stefani In Talks to Join 'The Voice'

Gwen Stefani might be joining NBC's 'The Voice.' The No Doubt singer is in..