Login or register  
TV
Under the Dome => Forum Index => 01x02 | The Fire (Jul 01, 2013)
guytwo

Level 14 (95%)
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 3rd 2013 at 6:24 pm
Episode discussion for: 01x02 | The Fire (Jul 01, 2013)

Still a little soapy for me but someone that has read the book says be patient. I will.

I wonder how come nobody holds up signs to each other inside and outside??????
Gadfly
(Site Moderator)

Level 95 (84%)
Mood: frustrated
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 3rd 2013 at 8:10 pm
Like they said, the Army is under orders to ignore them. I imagine the trapped people inside gave up when the Army didn't respond.

And the Army seems to be cordoning it off so nobody else can get close.
guytwo

Level 14 (95%)
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 8:11 am
Thanks, either didn't remember or didn't realize. Strange though isn't it?

A clue must be that water can get the inside the dome and make it damp.
zwixxx

Level 7 (10%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 8:28 am
^is the water REALLY getting inside, or were they spraying on some super coolant type thing (planning on freezing the dome then smashing it with a hammer - liquid nitrogen like) and this somehow cause condensation to form on the inside of the dome ?

btw: re: the soldier boys not waving back:
(1) do we know if they can STILL see inside the dome
(2) could there be a time-dilation factor involved - iirc there was some initial waving back from each side, but maybe now, for all we know, what the insiders are seeing happened ages-n-ages ago and actually many years have passed.
guytwo

Level 14 (95%)
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 10:45 am
WOW< such great comments zwixxx, I would never thought of those.
Angries

Level 1 (1%)
Since: 02/Jul/13
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 11:17 am
I'm mostly enjoying this show for now, but this episode was a marked step down from the pilot. My main problem with it is just that no one in the town really seems all that worried or... interested, really, in the dome. I would imagine that freaking out on the order of the cop that shot at the dome would be more prevalent, but people are mostly treating it as if being trapped under a dome is a run of the mill incident like a blackout.
ankjevik

Level 4 (61%)
Since: 12/Jul/10
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 12:56 pm
btw: re: the soldier boys not waving back:
(1) do we know if they can STILL see inside the dome
(2) could there be a time-dilation factor involved - iirc there was some initial waving back from each side, but maybe now, for all we know, what the insiders are seeing happened ages-n-ages ago and actually many years have passed.[/quote]

they can see in, since in episode 1 the cop lady was trying to talk with her husband (the fireman) but she cant here him and visa versa... and they stand there looking at each other, some of the details may be a bit of but the point is valid...
Gadfly
(Site Moderator)

Level 95 (84%)
Mood: frustrated
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 1:05 pm
The fact the air and water slowly leaking in is a factor in the books. It means that they can't suffocate... but it increases the risk of fire and smoke. Which is a critical factor in the novel, eventually.
zwixxx

Level 7 (10%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Thursday, July 4th 2013 at 2:19 pm
You meant to say
On Thursday, July 4th 2013 1:05 pm, Gadfly wrote:
The fact the air and water slowly leaking in is a factor in the books. It means that they can't suffocate... but it increases the risk of fire and smoke. Which is a critical factor in the novel, eventually.
right ?!

On Thursday, July 4th 2013 12:56 pm, ankjevik wrote:
they can see in, since in episode 1 the cop lady was trying to talk with her husband (the fireman) but she cant here him and visa versa.

I know they COULD see each other initially, but I'm curious if this is STILL the case or not. - the hoser people didn't even seem to notice the two insiders.
ArtChee

Level 1
Since: 05/Jul/13
Message Posted On Friday, July 5th 2013 at 1:50 pm
Have watched both of the fist 2 episodes. Something will need to grab me in the 3rd, because it hasn't so far. This dome encapsulating this whole town has not caused as much concern as would an electrical blackout. Tho a little curious, everybody acts like this is something that happens all the time. Instead we have this soap opera of a stranger in town spending the night in the home of a man he just buried in the woods, and a mal-adjusted kid after him because he has imagined that the stranger has made a play for his girl-friend, who he has locked away in a storm cellar. Is the dome plot so weak that we need all of this?
guytwo

Level 14 (95%)
Message Posted On Friday, July 5th 2013 at 5:59 pm
Someone I know that has read the book says be patient so I will. But I feel your pain.