Login or register  
TV
WWE Monday Night RAW => Forum Index => Cena Is Injured
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, October 2nd 2007 at 3:44 pm
John Cena has a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and will miss 6-8 months. So, his championship belt has been relinquished.
marvelfan89

Level 6 (26%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, October 2nd 2007 at 8:19 pm
IWhile I'am not happy that he is injured, I'am happy that the change for the title finally took place. It's clear that the WWE wants to milk Cena and his merchandise for all it's worth but in the same I was tired of him crapping over so many people (after they dominated him only for him to FU them at the end). That's not to say Cena hasn't worked to keep his title, he has, but a change was needed, it took an injury to finally make it happen.

Would Cena have retained against Orton at No Mercy? Maybe, maybe not.

I thought for sure Cena would have dropped the title at Summerslam but that didn't happen. Now RAW has quite a number of different people to throw to feud for WWE Title which will make RAW a better show (if it wasn't already depending on your point of view).
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 3rd 2007 at 6:04 am
He was suppose to lose soon cause he was going to make a movie. Whether this was a real injury (which it seemed to be since he was holding his arm strangely while pinning Kennedy and while Orton attacked him) or whether this was a way to lose the title without really losing it with a match, we'll see. If he shows up in a movie within a year then we can assume he wasn't really injured. Although he sure as hell looked like he was in pain Monday night.

So, who will Orton face in No Mercy? It won't be HHH since he is still to face Umaga. Maybe Kennedy or Jeff Hardy? Or will someone cross over from Smackdown?
marvelfan89

Level 6 (26%)
Mood: adventurous
Since: 24/Jun/06
Message Posted On Thursday, October 4th 2007 at 11:50 pm
On Wednesday, October 3rd 2007 6:04 am, Me wrote:
He was suppose to lose soon cause he was going to make a movie. Whether this was a real injury (which it seemed to be since he was holding his arm strangely while pinning Kennedy and while Orton attacked him) or whether this was a way to lose the title without really losing it with a match, we'll see. If he shows up in a movie within a year then we can assume he wasn't really injured. Although he sure as hell looked like he was in pain Monday night.

So, who will Orton face in No Mercy? It won't be HHH since he is still to face Umaga. Maybe Kennedy or Jeff Hardy? Or will someone cross over from Smackdown?

He's legitimately injured. Taking him out with a fake injury wouldn't be a smart move. McMahon and the WWE want to milk Cena and his fanbase for all they are worth. They said he'll be about six months to a year, so a lot of things are possible.

On WWE.com they said a new champ will be crowned but so far they are keeping a lid on who will be in the match. That's great thinking in my book. I don't know what their buyrates are but this is sure to be a popular ppv.