Login or register
TV
Warehouse 13 => Forum Index => 04x17 | What Matters Most (Jun 17, 2013)
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, June 18th 2013 at 8:37 am
Episode discussion for: 04x17 | What Matters Most (Jun 17, 2013)
Did Pete crippled someone for life, or just cause them to have broken legs for a bit. I thought it was the temporary thing but the recap says it was the crippled thing ?
Gadfly
(Site Moderator)

Level 89 (83%)
Mood: frustrated
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 19th 2013 at 8:35 am
They were temporarily crippled. Given how long it takes to recover from two broken legs...
zwixxx

Level 6 (91%)
Since: 18/Jul/08
Message Posted On Wednesday, June 19th 2013 at 9:53 am
With that being the case then, though I see what the ep was trying to do, Pete's big reveal came over as a little meh. Now had he crashed into someone, say a child, leaving them permanently disabled, then that would have had more of an effect, I would have felt "yes something like that would mess you up for years-n-years to come". But with the injured party being a fellow passenger who was possibly drunk too (I really should rewatch the ep to confirm this), who was "all right as rain and skipping along just like before" a short time later, then while being a reason to stop drinking I don't see this as a massive "if you knew what I'd done Mika, you'd hate me" thing - which iirc thats' what he believed this action to be. Maybe the ptb just didn't want the viewers to think what he'd done was unforgivable and hate him from then-on, but I really wish they'd taken it further than the minor (ish) accident.

As for the rest of the ep, them returning with the kid brought an immediate "oh puhlease, another series that introduces a youngster who will not doubt get into all sort of childish scrapes and cause many disruptions as the team try to go about their daily artifact retrievals, blah dee blah blah blah", but then they totally saved it for me with the text message - good show.
ohdawn

Level 2 (17%)
Since: 29/Apr/12
Message Posted On Saturday, June 22nd 2013 at 12:11 pm
i think it was pete's confession that saved him from a painful death .& to tell myka was well awesome ,i'm glad it wasn't a kid & i'm glad to know that he kept his word about not ever drinking ,however that brings up another point in the show , back in i think (season 2) when pete & myka had switched bodies , & myka drinking wouldn't that have affected pete when their bodies switched back?

FX Renews 'The Americans' for 13-Episode Third Season

It’s no secret: the FX cold war spy thriller ‘The Americans’..

Primetime Ratings, Thursday, 4/10/14

CBS and ABC split the Thursday victory. In a mild shocker, 'The Big Bang Theory' dropped..

Jake Busey Joins History's 'Texas Rising'

History's star studded miniseries 'Texas Rising' has just added another..