Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Members' Lounge => The Watercooler - Where Ragers Come to Please Their Thirst
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 12:29 pm
I have no idea what natural causes he died from - the person who contacted me was his fiance though, and she contacted me in 2009, telling me they were no longer engaged for personal reasons.

His family has a long history of alcoholism, and his brother died of cancer at a young age, so that's a possibility.

The American media markets are picking up the story now. I contacted TMZ a week ago and they would've got the exclusive, but Whitney died, so they clearly had other "priorities".

I just wish sites would link back to TVRage instead of the Toronto article, since we were the first real source to mention it and I got the executive producers to respond and everything.



We did get a shout out in this article though, although we aren't a television blog.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 4:02 pm
What was the last thing that Whitney heard before she died? "Houston, we have a problem!"

What was Whitney Houston's favorite movie? Waiting to Exhale.

Want more, or am I sick??
Zarius
(Editor)

Level 23 (31%)
Posts: 658
Points: 4547.7
Since: 08/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 4:21 pm
I heard Bobby Brown is blacklisted from the funeral

...It looks like he's gonna have to take control...
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 4:27 pm
On Thursday, February 16th 2012 4:02 pm, guytwo wrote:
What was the last thing that Whitney heard before she died? "Houston, we have a problem!"

What was Whitney Houston's favorite movie? Waiting to Exhale.

Want more, or am I sick??

Would it be wrong of me as well to say "ha ha, that's funny" and "yeah, if you have more, let's hear 'em" Guy? If so, then I guess I'm as sick as you.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 6:48 pm
Nope, not wrong at all, so here we go:

What's the difference between Whitney Houston and my piece of junk car? At least my car can hit 50.

what did whitney and apollo 13 have in common? A crack problem

There's going to be a huge line outside of Whitney Houston's funeral next week. Which, coincidentally, is what killed her.

What was Whitney Houston's worst hit? The one that killed her.

Whitney Houston apparently discovered that there IS a mountain high enough.

What was Whitney Houston's favorite movie? Waiting to Exhale.

What was the last thing that Whitney heard before she died? "Houston, we have a problem!"

When Whitney Houston was told to "say no to crack," unfortunately she thought that meant to pull her pants up.

Why did Whitney Houston snort Splenda? She thought that it was Diet Coke.

Why was Whitney Houston so rarely spotted in public? She'd turn sideways and disappear.

Now Bobby Brown is claiming to be dead! Apparently two can play at that game.

Apparently, she had been on and off the brown for years!

She's starring in a new film called "The Bodybag"

calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 7:37 pm
Anybody else think it's disgraceful that Gov. Christie is having the flags flown in New Jersey at half-mast for her? Since when is being a crack addict make you a hero?
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 7:55 pm
Houston must be from New Jersey, but in general I'm against flag lowering for anybody except ......um......um.....ah Hell who cares.
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 8:50 pm
Oh no, not the Whitney death jokes. Too soon.
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Thursday, February 16th 2012 at 8:52 pm
On Tuesday, February 14th 2012 8:49 pm, andrew wrote:
Nah, Lindsay is actually doing pretty well on her recovery now, and I think she's on the right track.

Demi Lovato seems to be following in Lindsay's footsteps though. Turns out she's back in rehab. And everyone thought Miley was going to be the troubled one.


Shes taking too long to be back on track.

Demi Lovato, ugh, where do I begin. I use to be a fan of her but after she left Disney and began her Twitter rants on Disney shows, I pretty much hate her now. Too bad cause she had so much potential but she ruined it herself.

PS: Miley needs to do something, she fading quickly.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 8:16 am
On Thursday, February 16th 2012 8:50 pm, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
Oh no, not the Whitney death jokes. Too soon.


LOL I feel your pain but it must be a backlash from all the unnecessary coverage of her death. People are tired of her.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 8:17 am
I was reading an article about e-books and discovered this, to quote the article.

"Take a look at the small print the next time you buy an e-book. It's licensed, not sold to you-meaning it can't be lent, resold, or passed on to an heir when you die."
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 9:00 am
On Friday, February 17th 2012 8:17 am, guytwo wrote:
I was reading an article about e-books and discovered this, to quote the article.

"Take a look at the small print the next time you buy an e-book. It's licensed, not sold to you-meaning it can't be lent, resold, or passed on to an heir when you die."

Ok, I've got one quick question to ask before you can call me a smart-a$s for asking it: What if you leave an heir your e-reader with all your e-books on it when you die, that wouldn't count?
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 1:54 pm
On Thursday, February 16th 2012 12:29 pm, andrew wrote:
I have no idea what natural causes he died from - the person who contacted me was his fiance though, and she contacted me in 2009, telling me they were no longer engaged for personal reasons.

His family has a long history of alcoholism, and his brother died of cancer at a young age, so that's a possibility.

The American media markets are picking up the story now. I contacted TMZ a week ago and they would've got the exclusive, but Whitney died, so they clearly had other "priorities".

I just wish sites would link back to TVRage instead of the Toronto article, since we were the first real source to mention it and I got the executive producers to respond and everything.



We did get a shout out in this article though, although we aren't a television blog.


We got more recognition here. Apparently, the reason it went unreported was because his family didn't find out until this year, last month. The police found his body and never identified him until January.

Sad story, even worse because I was always a fan. RIP. Here is an article that talks about it. Christina, the woman quoted, has contacted me several times in the past couple years. The article is probably one of the better ones.

(I'll stop posting about it now!)

calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 3:30 pm
Definitely a sad story Andrew. It's also kinda weird that even though it seems that he and his family wasn't very close, it took so long for them to see if the rumors they were hearing about hims were true or not, and that they (his family) wasn't notified about his death until January.
guytwo

Level 14 (84%)
Posts: 6807
Since: 04/Dec/05
Message Posted On Friday, February 17th 2012 at 4:23 pm
On Friday, February 17th 2012 9:00 am, calicow wrote:
On Friday, February 17th 2012 8:17 am, guytwo wrote:
I was reading an article about e-books and discovered this, to quote the article.

"Take a look at the small print the next time you buy an e-book. It's licensed, not sold to you-meaning it can't be lent, resold, or passed on to an heir when you die."

Ok, I've got one quick question to ask before you can call me a smart-a$s for asking it: What if you leave an heir your e-reader with all your e-books on it when you die, that wouldn't count?


According to the article I read you're not allowed to leave your e-book to anybody.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34

Rage Ratings Review: Wednesday 20th August - US - Actual

Primetime CBS opened the evening with 'Big Brother', with the ninth Power of..

Strictly Come Dancing - Jake Wood confirmed as taking part

Jake Wood, best known for playing the role of Max Branning in EastEnders, is..

Video Preview: 'Bad Bridesmaid' Heading to itv2

itv have released a new 2 minute preview of its upcoming new comedy-reality..