Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Movies => Iron Man
CarlosMGD

Level 23 (32%)
Posts: 2628
Points: 2012.8
Mood: rejuvenated
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Sunday, May 4th 2008 at 8:44 pm


A few million people saw Iron Man this weekend. Were you one of them?

I saw it, and I thought it was wonderful. Watching this movie reminded me that Marvel movies could actually be good (I had forgotten after Fantastic Four and Spider-Man 3). Surprisingly, the movie also has great acting. The ending after the credits was amazing too.

Anyone else have some thoughts on the movie?
RoboAmish

Level 2 (41%)
Posts: 334
Points: 308
Mood: f***ing fed up
Since: 05/May/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 5:31 am
I quite enjoyed it. By far the best Marvel film since Spiderman 2
Pros:
-Robert Downey Jr was incredible (though slightly cheesy)
-Special effects
- sparkling dialogue for the most part

Cons
-The whole climax. The dialogue faltered and there was no sense of urgency
-Lack of a villan
-Stark's metamorphose is unconvincing and insubstantial

So all in all, a flawed movie but I give it a solid 8/10
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 8:03 am
Iron Man was incredible. This feel this is the beginning of the Avenger era. By the way I like Spiderman 3, it was just too long but it didn't suck.

I hear Tony Stark will make a cameo in The Increadible Hulk.
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Posts: 14937
Points: 68448
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 8:49 am
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 9:42 am
Anyone know how much money this made over the weekend?
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 9:46 am
Over 100 million, & more than 200 million worldwide. I didn't except it.
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Posts: 14937
Points: 68448
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 9:52 am
$104.2 million domestically since opening last Thursday and $201 million worldwide.

Edit: Javi beat me to it.
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 9:56 am
I was suprised it made 104.2 million since Iron Man isn't even that popular... but I guess anything Marvel makes turns to gold.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:12 am
I totally called it. I said Iron Man was going to make 300 million. It looks like it will.

On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 9:56 am, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
I was suprised it made 104.2 million since Iron Man isn't even that popular... but I guess anything Marvel makes turns to gold.

Iron Man isn't that popular?? I'm afraid he is. He is pretty much the self-opinionated leader/spokesperson for the Marvel heroes in the comics. Him, along with Spider-man and the Fantastic Four are incredibly popular at the moment.
RoboAmish

Level 2 (41%)
Posts: 334
Points: 308
Mood: f***ing fed up
Since: 05/May/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:16 am
On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:12 am, Ryan wrote:
I totally called it. I said Iron Man was going to make 300 million. It looks like it will.

On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 9:56 am, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
I was suprised it made 104.2 million since Iron Man isn't even that popular... but I guess anything Marvel makes turns to gold.

Iron Man isn't that popular?? I'm afraid he is. He is pretty much the self-opinionated leader/spokesperson for the Marvel heroes in the comics. Him, along with Spider-man and the Fantastic Four are incredibly popular at the moment.


He was never really considered one of Marvel's a- list though, an organisation that pretty much contained Spiderman, X-Men and F4
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:29 am
On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:12 am, Ryan wrote:
Iron Man isn't that popular?? I'm afraid he is. He is pretty much the self-opinionated leader/spokesperson for the Marvel heroes in the comics. Him, along with Spider-man and the Fantastic Four are incredibly popular at the moment.

Not really. Before the movie I probably only seen Iron Man once or twice. The only Marvel characters that were popular before the movies were Spiderman, X-Men & maybe Captain American & Hulk.

I don't think the fantastic four were that popular either until the movie came out.
Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:30 am
On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:16 am, RoboAmish wrote:
He was never really considered one of Marvel's a- list though, an organisation that pretty much contained Spiderman, X-Men and F4

He was front and center during last years Civil War comic-gasm. Lately, which is what I'm saying, he's been a pivotal hero in the comics.

On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:29 am, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
Not really. Before the movie I probably only seen Iron Man once or twice. The only Marvel characters that were popular before the movies were Spiderman, X-Men & maybe Captain American & Hulk.

I don't think the fantastic four were that popular either until the movie came out.

I take it you don't keep up with the comics, because I'm not talking about the movies..
thefatskinnyguy2

Level 24 (79%)
Posts: 8633
Points: 51.3
Mood: Betrayed
Since: 16/Feb/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:37 am
Quote:
I take it you don't keep up with the comics, because I'm not talking about the movies.

So you agree when I say he's not that popular in general.

Well I can guarantee you probably 1/30 people that saw the movie have read the comics. Its a shocker cause it made alot of movies at the box office.
RoboAmish

Level 2 (41%)
Posts: 334
Points: 308
Mood: f***ing fed up
Since: 05/May/08
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 10:49 am
The movie was popular because its a crowd pleaser that got a particullarly good critical response. Also, it's the kick off to the summer blockbuster season and most audiences have been gagging for a big budget action flick like this all year

Ryan
(Global Moderator)

Level 63 (90%)
Posts: 30631
Points: 6849.4
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 at 11:19 am
On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:37 am, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
So you agree when I say he's not that popular in general.

If he wasn't popular this movie wouldn't have made 200 million worldwide.

On Tuesday, May 6th 2008 10:37 am, thefatskinnyguy2 wrote:
Well I can guarantee you probably 1/30 people that saw the movie have read the comics.

You just made that up now, didn't you?
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Representative Addresses Comments David Chase Reportedly Made About 'Sopranos' Ending

In a recent Vox article, Martha P...

Scott & Bailey returns on September 10th

Scott & Bailey, the popular itv police drama series, returns on September 10th for..

X Factor: Tulisa Spotted Filming Judges Houses?

The 'X Factor' is currently filming the judges houses stage of the competition, in..