Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Video Games => Who's buying it?!!
Kudoshido

Level 2 (36%)
Posts: 194
Since: 16/May/06
Message Posted On Monday, September 11th 2006 at 9:14 pm
Hmm, Konami? It's probably Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, tentatively scheduled for 2007.

Reported in August:

Quote:
Konami is resurrecting the cult PS1 game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade. Along with SOTN, Konami is also bringing back other classic hits, some revered (Frogger, Contra, Super Contra, Track & Field) some obscure (Time Pilot), and some really obscure (Scramble).
The_Phantom

Level 4 (28%)
Posts: 863
Points: 0.2
Since: 07/Mar/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, September 27th 2006 at 5:44 pm
I'm buying the 60 GB PS3, as well as the Wii. Preordered both too.
Noteldnep

Level 1 (39%)
Posts: 127
Points: 5.5
Since: 18/Aug/06
Message Posted On Thursday, September 28th 2006 at 3:44 pm
There's no way in hell that I'm going to buy a PS3 for f***ing $600. I'm waiting until the damn price drops!
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Posts: 1004
Points: 50.6
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, September 28th 2006 at 10:54 pm
On Thursday, September 28th 2006 3:44 pm, Noteldnep wrote:
There's no way in hell that I'm going to buy a PS3 for f***ing $600. I'm waiting until the damn price drops!


There's also a $500 one . . . think Premium Xbox + free online play + HD movies + HDMI (1080P)
deckzone3000

Level 1 (88%)
Posts: 263
Since: 15/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, October 10th 2006 at 5:45 pm
$500 ? You forgot tax. And I guess you'd want a game to go along with your new PS3.
So that's $600 for the cheap version, $700 for the premium.
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Posts: 1004
Points: 50.6
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Tuesday, October 10th 2006 at 10:23 pm
True. People just usually don't reference the prices in that manner. In all, I'll be paying around 126 for two games, and 630 for the system, and whatever an extended warranty ends up costing. A premium 360 would be 420 for me, so it's still basically the same $200 difference. The only pricing difference is up front; once you've bought the system, all costs down the road are the same except you have to pay for online with xbox, and possibly have to pay for demos with ps3.
drewshack

Level 1 (49%)
Posts: 137
Points: 5.6
Since: 06/Mar/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at 10:40 am
I'd be more worried of mass rioting with the PS3. I mean 8 consoles per store? that's insane.
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Posts: 1004
Points: 50.6
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at 12:41 pm
I don't doubt that people are going to get hurt trying to get theirs home. Very rare cases, I'm sure, but it's bound to happen.
drewshack

Level 1 (49%)
Posts: 137
Points: 5.6
Since: 06/Mar/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at 1:21 pm
When the 360 came out, they F'd up at my local Best Buy and accidentally chucked the waiting list out the window. The manager opened the door and a STAMPEDE broke out to get to the electronics section.

They had 15...
deckzone3000

Level 1 (88%)
Posts: 263
Since: 15/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at 9:50 pm
On Tuesday, October 10th 2006 10:23 pm, Siesser wrote:
True. People just usually don't reference the prices in that manner. In all, I'll be paying around 126 for two games, and 630 for the system, and whatever an extended warranty ends up costing. A premium 360 would be 420 for me, so it's still basically the same $200 difference. The only pricing difference is up front; once you've bought the system, all costs down the road are the same except you have to pay for online with xbox, and possibly have to pay for demos with ps3.

If you haven't bought a 360 or PS3 yet, the 360 would be cheaper when it comes to games, because a lot of them are down to $30-$40 by now.
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Posts: 1004
Points: 50.6
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at 10:31 pm
This is said with the utmost sincerity. Had I a 360, the only games I'd have for it are Fight Night: Round 3, and Burnout: Revenge. Seriously; that's not me being baised or downplaying the value of the games on the system. It's just that those are the only two that I'd actually want.

On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 1:21 pm, drewshack wrote:
When the 360 came out, they F'd up at my local Best Buy and accidentally chucked the waiting list out the window. The manager opened the door and a STAMPEDE broke out to get to the electronics section.

They had 15...


That couldn't have been pretty . . . did you score one of them?
drewshack

Level 1 (49%)
Posts: 137
Points: 5.6
Since: 06/Mar/06
Message Posted On Thursday, October 12th 2006 at 6:45 am
Not from there. I was busy driving home after having stayed up all night with my friend's brother at a distant Wal-Mart.

So it's like 7 AM and I'm driving home, I see this mob of people outside of my Best Buy. It was insane.

I also heard Sony's game price was supposedly going up as well. Dunno if there's any truth in that though.
TeaBagger

Level 4 (17%)
Posts: 1138
Points: 6.7
Since: 27/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, October 12th 2006 at 12:20 pm
On Thursday, October 12th 2006 6:45 am, drewshack wrote:
Not from there. I was busy driving home after having stayed up all night with my friend's brother at a distant Wal-Mart.

So it's like 7 AM and I'm driving home, I see this mob of people outside of my Best Buy. It was insane.

I also heard Sony's game price was supposedly going up as well. Dunno if there's any truth in that though.

You should have went to Target instead. 9 hours out in the cold is what my hubbie had to do for ours.
deckzone3000

Level 1 (88%)
Posts: 263
Since: 15/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, October 12th 2006 at 8:47 pm
On Wednesday, October 11th 2006 10:31 pm, Siesser wrote:
This is said with the utmost sincerity. Had I a 360, the only games I'd have for it are Fight Night: Round 3, and Burnout: Revenge. Seriously; that's not me being baised or downplaying the value of the games on the system. It's just that those are the only two that I'd actually want.

Well then I guess that means you bought them for your PS2??
Siesser

Level 4 (35%)
Posts: 1004
Points: 50.6
Since: 27/Jan/06
Message Posted On Thursday, October 12th 2006 at 9:37 pm
Nope. I have Burnout 3 and still haven't beaten that one yet. Fight Night I'm gonna wait for the PS3 version. After playing it on the 360, sitting at home playing it on my ps2 would just make me miserable. Besides which, I've been playing other games. Okami, I just got God Hand, I was playing through Shadow of the Colossus and Rez . . . buying a new Burnout or Fight Night hasn't been a priority. And not to mention the amount of hours that disappear into Guitar Hero.
1 | 2

'Jaws' Actor Richard Kiel Passes Away

Richard Kiel, the 7'2" actor known to millions as the metal-toothed Jaws in the James..

The Loose Women Welcome Penny Lancaster to the Panel

Penny Lancaster made her 'Loose Women' debut this afternoon on itv, making her..

Plebs Series 2 Airdate Confirmed

The return of itv2 sitcom 'Plebs' has been confirmed this afternoon. The show will return on..