Login or register  
TV
TVRage.Com Forums => Sports => Centre Court
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 3rd 2007 at 11:21 am
With the limited amount of play they have been getting each day I cant see Wimbledon finishing on time.
General_Sherman

Level 39 (18%)
Posts: 11192
Points: 3766.2
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 3rd 2007 at 2:47 pm
I predict there will be a third week of Wimbledon.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Saturday, July 7th 2007 at 12:07 pm
Venus Williams winning the final was very predicable.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, July 8th 2007 at 10:42 am
The men's final was a good match but I knew Roger Federer would end up winning.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Sunday, July 8th 2007 at 2:44 pm
Jamie Murray and his partner Jenala Jankovic have won the mixed doubles, at last something for Britian to cheer about.
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 10th 2007 at 5:29 pm
I would have loved seeing Nadal winning, but I had a feeling that Federer would.
tikidawg

Level 92 (11%)
Posts: 14937
Points: 68448
Mood: frisky
Since: 26/Nov/05
Message Posted On Tuesday, July 10th 2007 at 6:25 pm
Federer's custom kicks for Wimbledon were badass.



Anyway, I agree, no surprise that he won. Same with Venus Williams.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, August 23rd 2007 at 1:30 pm
Tim Henman has decided to retire. Oh well it looks like its down to me to become the UK's new sporting hero.
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, August 23rd 2007 at 6:20 pm
On Thursday, August 23rd 2007 1:30 pm, Ben21 wrote:
Tim Henman has decided to retire. Oh well it looks like its down to me to become the UK's new sporting hero.

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything Ben, but what about Andrew Murray? Isn't he as good on the tennis courts as Henman was?
Me
(Beloved TVRage Original)

Level 94 (80%)
Posts: 21662
Points: 132353.6
Since: 01/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, November 1st 2007 at 11:44 am
Is Martina Hingis A Druggie?

ZURICH, Switzerland - Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, and then announced her retirement from professional tennis.


Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former Wimbledon winner, denied using cocaine. The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville, 6-4, 6-2.

Hingis returned to the sport two years ago after a four-year absence because of injuries. She won three straight Australian Open titles from 1997-99, and Wimbledon and the U.S. Open championships in 1997.

Hingis, who lost in the third round of the U.S. Open, hasn't played since her second-round loss to Peng Shuai of China, 7-5, 6-1, in Beijing on Sept. 19.
General_Sherman

Level 39 (18%)
Posts: 11192
Points: 3766.2
Since: 13/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, November 1st 2007 at 11:58 am
On Thursday, November 1st 2007 11:44 am, Me wrote:
Is Martina Hingis A Druggie?

ZURICH, Switzerland - Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, and then announced her retirement from professional tennis.


Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former Wimbledon winner, denied using cocaine. The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville, 6-4, 6-2.

Hingis returned to the sport two years ago after a four-year absence because of injuries. She won three straight Australian Open titles from 1997-99, and Wimbledon and the U.S. Open championships in 1997.

Hingis, who lost in the third round of the U.S. Open, hasn't played since her second-round loss to Peng Shuai of China, 7-5, 6-1, in Beijing on Sept. 19.


Ben will be dissapointed.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, November 1st 2007 at 3:40 pm
On Thursday, November 1st 2007 11:58 am, General_Sherman wrote:
On Thursday, November 1st 2007 11:44 am, Me wrote:
Is Martina Hingis A Druggie?

ZURICH, Switzerland - Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, and then announced her retirement from professional tennis.


Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former Wimbledon winner, denied using cocaine. The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville, 6-4, 6-2.

Hingis returned to the sport two years ago after a four-year absence because of injuries. She won three straight Australian Open titles from 1997-99, and Wimbledon and the U.S. Open championships in 1997.

Hingis, who lost in the third round of the U.S. Open, hasn't played since her second-round loss to Peng Shuai of China, 7-5, 6-1, in Beijing on Sept. 19.


Ben will be dissapointed.


I was pretty shocked by the news!
calicow
(Crazed Contributor)

Level 57 (22%)
Posts: 8496
Points: 16096.5
Mood: inquisitive
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, November 1st 2007 at 5:51 pm
I'm pretty surprised about this as well.
Ben21
(Site Manager)

Level 184 (49%)
Posts: 13443
Points: 773557.2
Since: 06/Dec/05
Message Posted On Thursday, June 25th 2009 at 1:52 pm
I cant believe Wimbledon has come around again already. For once Britain has a great chance of winning with Andy Murray.
andrew
(Forum Moderator)

Level 52 (41%)
Posts: 18192
Points: 6810.6
Mood: spinning
Since: 09/Dec/05
Message Posted On Wednesday, July 8th 2009 at 12:18 pm
1 | 2 | 3

Strictly Come Dancing - Steve Backshall confirmed as taking part

Steve Backshall, best known for presenting wildlife shows, is the 9th..

EXCLUSIVE: Mark O'Brien Talks the Final Season of 'Republic of Doyle'

Fans of the Canadian smash hit series ‘Republic of..

Netflix Pays $2M an Episode for 'The Blacklist'

  With over 50 million paid subscribers, Netflix can afford to make some..